Trouble TTC
Options

Meltdown after Monitoring Appt

Feeling really discouraged and down today. On Monday I had 2 16mm, and 2 follies at 14mm I was so sure today would be good news but nope, only one of them is now at 19 and ready for trigger. RE seems confident that we still have a good chance to get 2 but I don't share her optimism. This is my 3rd IUI and my 1st on both clomid AND injects and still, this is all I get!?  My problem wasn't even supposed to be with my ovulation. Ugh!!!

Then I call DH , sad and frustrated and he says, well maybe we should take a break.  Thanks for those words of encouragement. We're not really at a breaking pour!!  I called my mom and completely fell apart, which I try not to do because she usually gives me the to ahead and adopt pep talk, but I think she could tell today was NOT the time for that.  I'm so frustrated by this whole process!  

Vent over.  Thanks.  

Unexplained infertility; TTC #1 for 5 years
IUI #1; m/c;c/p 3/15/2012
IUI #2: Clomid, ovidrel trigger, prometrium;4/5/12; BFFN; IUI #3, clomid and injects; Beta June 8th????
imagePhotobucket

Re: Meltdown after Monitoring Appt

• Options
    ShaylizShayliz member
    I was told sometimes adding injects just helps make for 1-2 really good quality follicles, and not always more follicles. I'm sorry you're frustrated - I have broken down and cried at many monitoring appointments. 
    I totally can relate! Our last IUI we did injects+Clomid and I only had 1 mature follicle, which I can produce on my own without expensive medication! It felt so discouraging. But, my RE always likes to remind me that "it only takes one"...=)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry the news wasn't what you were hoping for. I know how those bad monitoring appointments feel. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LyssRobLyssRob member
    I only had one 18mm follicle last cycle (Clomid and injects). I was upset but the nurse kept reassuring me that one was all that was needed... My fingers are crossed for you!
    PCOS 
    Off bcp March 2011 
    Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
    April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
    May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad appointment and that your H wasn't as supportive as he could have been.  I'm glad your mom was though...mom's are sometimes really good during freak out sessions:) I had one earlier with my mom, too. GL this cycle!
  • Options
    I can relate.  I always produce 1 dominant follicle no matter the dosage or timing.  It is very frustrating and you want so badly to blame your body - like its your fault.  But it is not anyone's fault.  Very hard to accept as I know you know.
    DS 1-31-13 DD 9-3-14
  • Options
    Frustration is always an understandable emotion at this point in this game.  But it really only takes one good egg/ovulation.  That's how the vast majority of babies are conceived and yours can do!  Injectibles may be the trick to improve your egg quality or your ovulation and get you where you need to be.  Good luck!
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    *hugs* I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. One good sized follie is still a good thing though. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you've had such a rough day. And your husband's response probably made it worse! (I know they often can't figure out what to do when we freak out.) At least your mom was able to let you vent. Hope you are feeling better and that this cycle improves!
    TTC since 1/11. "Unexplained" IF. 6/12 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN. 7/12 and 8/12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI = BFN. Taking a break and planning for a final IUI before the end of the year, but back to considering adoption. Repeat AMH of 0.67, ouch. 3rd try 10/12 - 100mg Clomid and back-to-back IUIs = BFP!
  • Options
    I think (hope) that one good one should be enough.  Fingers crossed!
  • Options

Chirs!!!  I am so sorry about your situation and it is frustrating the follies are not responding well to the medication.  Looks like your DX is unexplained.  Do you think your RE will further investigate on the growth of your follies as your challenge to conceive?

DH can listen to us and give us suggestions, but I think it's really difficult to understand what we are really feeling and going through.  Sometimes, I think no one (including my DH) except 3T girls understands me.

Let's hope that your follies grow tad more by your IUI and I will be thinking about you!!             

Mar-Apr-May/12: All 3 IUI (w/ Femara) - BFN

May/12 IVF journey in the works...
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI #1 (Gonal, Menopur & Ganirelix)
    5/29-6/18: BCP, 6/21-6/27: Stim, 6/30: ER
    7/5: ET 2 5-days blastocysts are transferred, none made to freeze :(
    7/17: Beta #1 - 616!!, 7/23: Beta #2 - 6818
    8/2: u/s #1 - a healthy seahorse found & one empty sac, 8/16: u/s #2 - one peanut! HB @ 180
    10/30: It's a girl!!! EDD: 3/23/13

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
    My Cherry Blossom baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies. It makes such a difference to be able to come here and KNOW someone understands. My RE didn't seem extremely concerned, but we will definitely have to talk about it moving forward. Right now, another dose of follistim earlier, trigger in the am, IUI on Friday. 
    Unexplained infertility; TTC #1 for 5 years
    IUI #1; m/c;c/p 3/15/2012
    IUI #2: Clomid, ovidrel trigger, prometrium;4/5/12; BFFN; IUI #3, clomid and injects; Beta June 8th????
    imagePhotobucket
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Monitoring appointments are so stressful and frustrating and I have broken down after many. It is such a roller coaster ride. Hoping your other follies catch up and it all works out. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"