1st Trimester
Options

Telling family

Hey everyone,

I just found out this morning (after a year of trying) that I'm pregnant! Yay! Im between 4-5 weeks.  I am still worried about miscarrying, but I want to share the news so much!  I know there is a chance of miscarriage all along the pregnancy, but it more common early on - i have heard two land mark dates - 12 weeks and 20 weeks - any tips on how long to wait before spilling the news? When are you planning on shareing?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Telling family

• Options
    With our first we told family right away but waited until the 12 week mark to tell work etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We told family right away, but will be telling everyone else after we have our first ultrasound at 12 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tay118tay118 member
    We told our close family (parents in-laws and siblings) early, around 5 weeks. We plan on tell the rest of the family this weekend, I will be 8 weeks. I am not telling work and the rest of the world (facebook) till around 12-14 weeks
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member

Tell when you are ready.

Pretty much everyone know's I'm pregnant now (that I care to know)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    We told my parents and DH's parents on Mother's Day. I had only found out a few days prior, but I thought it was perfect timing to tell them! My first ob appointment is tomorrow and I plan to tell my brother and SIL tomorrow night. I will probaby tell my very close friends next week. Everyone else after 1st trimester

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We told our closest family and friends right away at 5 weeks, but I didn't really tell any one else until more recently when im at about 9 weeks. Its really up to you :)
    Kassandra
  • Options
    I told my mom, older sister, and best friend right away, but we're waiting to tell everyone else until our appointment in June, when I'll be almost 11 weeks.  You should tell when you feel comfortable.
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • Options

I told my mom and brother right away.  Then told the rest of the family at Mother's Day. 

I also told a few friends I work with so it got around work, but that's ok.  

• Options

We told family and close friends at 6 weeks on Mother's day. We were going to wait to tell co-workers, but I started getting really bad morning sickness, so I decided to tell my co-workers at week 7. I probably won't make it super public till we hit about week 12 or 14.

• Options
    We told all of our immediate family the day after we found out (about 4 1/2 weeks) but aren't saying anything to after our first appt at 10 weeks.  I can't wait!  We did tell a few close friends last week but they noticed bc I wasn't drinking anymore :)  Plus I would want those ppl there if a miscarry happens. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    we are waiting until after our 12 week appt, hopefully telling the familys that we want to have dinner together so that we can celebrate our 2nd anniversary and then share the news with all of them all at once that way if we get bad news we can not tell but hopefull we can tell. 
    Pintrest:::Twitter
    Praying that this baby stays with me. BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We usually tell people around 8 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's really individual.  We told our immediate family at 5 weeks.  We would share any devastating news with them too.  We won't tell most other people until 12 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bear021Bear021 member
    Or first pregnancy we told everyone right away.  DH made a FB announcement on FB when I was about 10 weeks, I wasn't happy, but dr. kept saying everything was fine.  With in a few days, we found out we lost it at 8 weeks.  This time we told our parents and a few close friends right away.  Slowly we trickled out the news, and just told extended family this last weekend.  Do it when you are comfortable....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"