Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday People!

Go!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday People!

• DS2 asked to walk when we got out of the car at therapy today! I like that he is requesting to walk and looks like we'll be using our walker a lot more in the near future!
  • DS has decided the world is his jungle gym! He is pulling up and climbing on all the furniture, even cruising a little. We are thrilled! (I am slightly nauseated as well! LOL)

It is going to be weird going to the ER for things like stitches!! Yikes!!!

• Loading the player...
  • DD is half an ounce away from being double her birth weight and very close to finally being double digits!
  • At ds's end of the year picnic yesterday there was a little girl who just HAD to sit next to ds the entire time we were there, I later found out from the classroom aides that this little girl is his "best friend" and that they play and color together and hold hands in the hallway all the time. It totally melted my heart that ds made a friend at preschool. But I'm a little sad too because school is over and we're moving in about a month and he'll never see his little friend again :(
  • My LO (with help of course) went up the stairs the other day!  Normally he freezes up and wants to be carried.  I think he was feeling especially brave that day :-D
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • My DS has been in undies for 3 weeks now but has still been refusing to poop on the potty until Monday!  Since then he has gone everyday without an accident!!!!

Also his language is just exploding and he's putting together some really long sentences!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD1 has been trying to egg her little sister into doing things she knows she's not supposed to -- i.e., when at bedtime we say, "Sophie, stay in bed and don't open the door," after we leave, we'll hear her tell Elsa, "Elsa, YOU can open the door!" Little sneak! And all her therapists are like, "yay, typical development!"

And she's getting downright creative with her food. She likes to have both ketchup and barbecue sauce for dipping, so she can mix them; and she found metal chopsticks in the silverware drawer tonight and is currently using them to eat noodle casserole and applesauce, which is making me LOL.  

We had a little friend over this morning so I could watch her while her mom ran an errand, and it was so nice to hear all these little girls playing and giggling together. :) 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Zach accidentally knocked Adam down the other day, stopped what he was doing, and kept looking from Adam to me saying, "OK?  OK?"  He was actually worried that he hurt his little brother (which he in fact did, and we had to go to the ER, but is was totally Adam's fault).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Owen is talking in 3-word sentences!

• imagethefuturemrskudla:

Owen is talking in 3-word sentences!

Woot! Woot!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"