Maryland Babies

Venting--C-Sections

Does anyone else have to (or had to) do a C-Section out of medical necessity and NOT for convenience?

I'm getting so mad that everyone is assuming I'm getting a C-Section for convenience, it's like they think that must be the only reason a C-Section is ever done.

I personally don't agree with C-Sections for convenience and I know there has been a huge crackdown by doctors on this, but it's like the automatic assumption.

My tickers are all screwed up (and if someone can please tell me how I fix them, I'd appreciate it!) because I thought my due date was 12/14, but it's really 12/18.

But because I'm a C-Section only case, my doctor said they do C-Sections on mainly Wednesdays so that their patients are home by the weekend (Be released on Friday or at the lastest Saturday morning).

So, the Wednesday a week before my due date is 12/12/12.

Yes, it's a cool date, but I didn't choose it so that I could have a baby born on 12/12/12, it's just how it worked out--and yet everyone seems to be assuming I chose that date and is assuming that I must be electing for the C-Section for selfish reasons.

It just really gets me upset because that's not the case at ALL. If I had ANY chance of natural labor, I'd do it, but according to the pelvic scan--it would never work.

I have Legg-Perthes, which means in natural labor, I would most definitely dislocate my hip and tear multiple ligaments and tendons and have a high chance of fracturing the femur head.

On top of that my pelvis is also malformed from this disease, even without the hip issue, the baby would get stuck due to my malformed pelvis.

But people only seem to see that I'm doing a C-Section for convenience and I really gets me upset because I know I'm not.

Sorry for venting, it just really gets to me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Venting--C-Sections

• what people?

eh, if I were you, I'd stop talking about your pregnancy, the people around you seem like PITAs and constantly critical, so I'd just keep it to myself so you don't have to contend w/ a bunch of busybodies.

FWIW - I had a c/s b/c of a breech, it was disappointing to miss labor, but I was fine, my baby was fine and my recovery was pretty easy. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

what people?

People in another board on this site. I had one person (a friend) who gave me a hard time, saying she didn't understand how I got to "pick" my due date and that I should just let the baby come when the baby wants to.

But after explaining to her WHY (which I had told her before), she apologized.

• Loading the player...
  • Who the hell are these people around you?  Never in a million years has anyone approached me with the sort of things that you hear/read - and if they did I would die laughing before they finished their thought.

As for the comments, meh, screw 'em.  They're idiots.  Continue to enjoy your pregnancy - and the fact that your kid will have a cool birthday. ;)

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • My DD was frank breech so I had a scheduled C-section with her. I'm electing to have another with this LO (who as of this morning is breech, as well LOL). It's no one's business how I deliver my baby. I had a fabulous c-section experience (even though I felt cheated out of the birth experience at first) and am planning to go the same route this time. (Especially after seeing my sister have a terrible labor experience- she ended up having a c-section after hours of pushing.)  I wouldn't care what people say, honestly. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would stop discussing it, especially on TB.  If you do talk about it, just say something like "I'm having a medically necessary c/s on the 12th," if people ask why I would just assume they were curious and not judgemental.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it's just that you guys were my first board that I visited and such and everyone here is so nice and there's never any of that kind of stuff, that I just assumed that was like the whole board.

So then I join a few other boards and I was just shocked at the ignorance and opinionated posts on this one board.

Thanks everyone :)

• imageDhampyr17:

I think it's just that you guys were my first board that I visited and such and everyone here is so nice and there's never any of that kind of stuff, that I just assumed that was like the whole board.

So then I join a few other boards and I was just shocked at the ignorance and opinionated posts on this one board.

Thanks everyone :)

Aw.  Stick with us.  The rest of TB can be a little psycho. ;)

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"