September 2012 Moms
Options

Hard belly prob not BH

Sometimes my belly can be "jelly" like and I barely feel pregnant, minus a few kicks here and there. Then sometimes my belly gets very hard and my stomach feels almost heavy is the only way I can think to describe it. When it's like this I have trouble standing up straight because I feel like I'm stretching out my stomach. It's uncomfortable but not unbearable. I don't think it's BH because from what I've read, BH only last a few seconds and my stomach stays hard for minutes, 20 or more. What could be causing this? Could it just be the position of the baby? I'm a FTM and I'll be asking my doctor about this when I go next week. Just wondering if it's any cause for concern. TIA

Re: Hard belly prob not BH

• Options

I've been having that happen this time around. I do think it's just positioning. Sometimes my belly feels really uncomfortable and looks funny lying down and other times I barely look pregnant. I would just ask for peace of mind.

GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I get that sometimes and I find that I need to sit down and get off my feet for a while.  It always seems to happen when I'm doing way too much or have been on my feet for too long.  I get crampy sometimes too when it's hard for a while.  It feels like I ran a mile on a full stomach after eating dinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    I get it when I've done too much or I feel the baby sitting strange.  Rest, drink water and put your feet up, it should go away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It could be any number of benign things, but all would suggest drinking more water since it will help with stretching and if they are BH.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's how the baby's positioned. I definitely change size and shape throughout the day, and sometimes there are harder spots than others.

• Options
    i get this too, but without any discomfort. just feels very hard and stays that way for 20 min-1 hour. happens often. i've noticed it since maybe week 16 or so. have no idea what it is. 
  • Options
    I've had this and assumed it was BH.  I have a doctor's appt today and will ask if I remember :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageelizabethwig:
    i get this too, but without any discomfort. just feels very hard and stays that way for 20 min-1 hour. happens often. i've noticed it since maybe week 16 or so. have no idea what it is. 

Exactly this. There are times where it does feel uncomfortable and I think that it might be BH. I feel kicks and some rolls that are like she's turning from facing my front to facing my back, but other than that I don't feel her moving too much and my bump never shifts around, so I don't think it's caused by her position. But I'm a rookie so who knows...

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Usually when this happens to me its the baby I'm feeling. He's typically resting along my back, but when he moves to my front it can be uncomfortable. Then there's a hard lump wherever his body is. I think Its his back & butt mostly. It gets kinda fun toward the end because you can tell what body part is what.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"