1st Trimester

what do you eat when everything sounds gross?

I'm hungry all the time, but nothing ever sounds good. I cannot live on goldfish crackers and applesauce alone. What do you ladies eat when nothing in your pantry looks good? What's for dinner tonight?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do you eat when everything sounds gross?

• We had pizza tonight, but cereal is always my go-to. Something like Cheerios or Mini-Wheats.
    I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dinner tonight is probably breakfast for dinner. 

When nothing sounds good I usually like melon, bagels, toast, english muffins, cheerios, and crackers.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • kenna_4kenna_4 member
    I walk around the grocery store and cry! - well that's what I did last time around. I haven't been feeling ucky yet this pregnancy, but I was so there last time. I actually did walk around the grocery store and cried once, I ended up getting a loaf of fresh bread and a bag of peanut m&m's. Horrible I know. I try to eat whatever I am feeling like and add veggies to it if possible, then if I could stomach it, make myself a fruit and veggie smoothie to get some vitamins in. Your baby will take whatever it needs from your body, so if you can't bring yourself to eat healthy right now don't worry about it too much, you can make up for it in the second and third tri.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ehicksehicks member
    Cereal! :)
  • Whatever doesn't sound gross, it really doesn't matter to me what it is at that point, as I figure something is better than nothing.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There have been a few days when the only thing I could handle was pasta.  I just ate it... not the healthiest, but I don't want to not eat anything.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Salad and veggies usually do the trick for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cereal

however, tonight i had some ben & jerry's phish food.....i tried to have some chicken nuggets, but they were starting to make me feel sicker 

• Anything but MEAT.  DH keeps teasing me that I'm turning the baby into a vegetarian already. I was not pre-pregnancy but cannot handle any meat especially chicken. We had pasta for dinner tonight. 
  • lew0509lew0509 member

imageStarfish+77:
    Anything but MEAT.  DH keeps teasing me that I'm turning the baby into a vegetarian already. I was not pre-pregnancy but cannot handle any meat especially chicken. We had pasta for dinner tonight. 

I was the same way last time I was PG. Those Dominos commercials with the chicken bites used to make me so sick. I couldn't even go into the meat section of the grocery store. I got over it, then the rest of the time all I wanted was steak.

• Cereal.  Or mashed potatoes.
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought I was the only one! I agree with most on here cereal, muffins, bagel, crackers and to s of fruit. I try to eat other things but then I end up feeling I'll for the rest of the day. Can't wait for November to get here.
    Mother of Two Awesome Kiddos, DS is almost 3 and DD was born in November Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejjr1214:

imageStarfish+77:
    Anything but MEAT.  DH keeps teasing me that I'm turning the baby into a vegetarian already. I was not pre-pregnancy but cannot handle any meat especially chicken. We had pasta for dinner tonight. 

This is me too! I can stomach ground turkey in some stuff as long as I don't have to cook it, but that's about it. I have also been eating a lot of pasta, potatoes, and cereal. Carbs and more carbs basically! Watermelon, bananas and pineapple have also been tasting amazing and calming my stomach down lately.

Funny because I've been constantly craving watermelon and pineapple lately! I may need to add cereal to my dinner routine.

• I'm 7 weeks and cried reading the grocery store sale papers and trying to figure out what I would buy and make. I didn't want any of it! I finally ended up going to Trader Joe's and spending $100 on pre-packaged, easy to heat and prepare foods! I felt bad at first but got over it. I, too am craving watermelon, pineapple and oranges, especially juice! I want juice!!!

Today for lunch at work, I took a little heat up meal that I usually love, but I had to force myself to shove it down! It wasn't good at all. I really didn't want it but knew I needed something. Later I went to the gas station store for JUICE! And I bought my first bag of potato chips. They were delicious. Oh so delicious. I've been eating fairly heathy so that chip spurge was heaven.

I think we should give ourselves a break and succomb to whatever we want! Our bodies know what we need :)

• I had soup tonight...nothing else sounded remotely appetizing plus I have a sore throat so double duty! But I also bought some Naked smoothies earlier today. Those hit the spot! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • *Lurker from 2nd tri*

During my first trimester, my fall back foods were string cheese, yogurt and peanut butter sandwiches.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagedenise_m:
    Cereal.  Or mashed potatoes.

Yum. I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow.  

• I can't believe that I forgot to add this....apple slices with a couple tablespoons of semi-melted peanut butter. YUMMMM! 
  • Watermelon, kiwi and strawberries with cottage cheese are my go to right now.  Plain carbs, like cereal and pretzels. I have no appetite, and most food is disgusting to me right now.

Hubby is making breakfast for dinner, so I'm going to do my best to eat it all.  

• lew0509lew0509 member
    I've decided to eat 1/2 a loaf of french bread fresh from the grocery store. OMG, it was exactly what I wanted!
  • White rice with soy sauce!  With my first two pregnancies, that was my go-to...and it settled well!  Boston Market Microwave Mac and Cheese was DELICIOUS, too...that sounded good no matter how bad I felt!  Good luck!
  • I usually make DH pick up a rotisserie chicken, since they are quick, hot, and I didn't have to cook it.  All we need are some mashed potatoes and a salad, and we're good to go!  I don't mind throwing the sides together, but actually cooking the meat makes me gag.

Tonight I actually felt like cooking.  We had sauteed peppers and onions cooked together with leftover grilled brats and a light mustard sauce over mashed potatoes.

TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • Cereal or English muffins!!
  • MIL made taco salad.  It was okay at the time but I keep tasting it (sorry, TMI) and I'm sorry I had it now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chicken noodle soup or plain buttered noodles. I also found bean burritos worked when everything else sounded gross
    Diagnosis of Dimished Ovarian Reserve- FSH> 12
    First Dr said I didn't have a chance- Dumped him!
    New RE Love her! A positive outlook makes all the difference!
    IVF #1 12/10/11 ER 12/14/11 BFP Beta 13dpt =56 Beta #2= 36 CP
    dabbling in IUI while we save for IVF Round 2
    IUI #1 Feb 2012 follistim/femara = BFN

IUI #2 March 2012 Follistim/ Femara = BFP!!! Beta #1 @14dpiui = 168.5 Beta #2 1,159.4 Beta #3 16,273
    Ultrasound 4/18/12- Heard Heartbeat - 115 Ultrasound #2 at 8 weeks, heartbeat 150. Second sac found vanishing twin

Healthy Baby Boy Born 12/10/12!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • SJRoweSJRowe member
    almonds, string cheese and pickles.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Rice Crackers helped me survive my severe MS last pregnancy. Luckily I can stomach food so far with this pregnancy. I just made Soba Noodles with sweet ginger scallion sauce. Ginger always helps the stomach too. I also added carrot and zucchini ribbons, edamame and shrimp. Yep, this pregnancy is a lot more enjoyable haha. Here's the recipe if anyone wants it...sorry it's not a clicky

https://www.simplyreem.com/from-my-kitchen/?p=935 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• I have the same problem, I'm not feeling sick or anything.  It's just that nothing sounds good at all and it takes me forever to find something I feel like eating.  I'm just never hungry for anything.  It was like this last time too, I know it will change.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"