1st Trimester
Options

How much Tylenol?

Hey Ladies, I just left the ER, I had thought I broke my ankle.  Thankfully, it was just a severe sprain.  I just have to wear a brace for several weeks.  But, pregnancy brain kicked in, and I forgot to ask how much Tylenol was safe.  I took two around 9am this morning, for a headache.... then this happened.  Its 2:45 here now.  Is it every 6 hours or every 8?  Or is it completely different for us KU ladies?  Its starting to hurt pretty good, and I'd like to help the swelling a little.... my ankle is the size of a big grapefruit.  Mmmmmm, grapefruit kinda sounds good right now too LOL
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much Tylenol?

• Options

It depends on the dosage. Extra strength Tylenol (500 mg), 2 at a time, is safe every 6 hours, not to exceed 4 grams in a 24 hour period.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're safe to follow whatever the dosing instructions are on the medication itself.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!!  Oh how I wish I could take a vicodin or something that might actually do something for the pain!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Extra strength = every 6 hrs and regular (if that's what you'd call it) = every 4 hours. That's what I was told! Feel better Big Smile

Cooper Edward

• Options
    hmonttyhmontty member
    My doc says 2 extra strength 6 hours apart.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would just follow the dosing recommendations on the bottle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"