Trouble TTC
Options

question from a lurker...

hi guys. first let me apologize for this post... i am on my phone and it wont let me use any punctation except periods so please excuse the train wreck.

i am a regular poster on the infertility board but since there are more people on here who have done iui i thought i would ask this here...

what day in your cycle did you have iui... i have started a hybrid cycle for the first time and have monitoring on friday which will be cd 10 but my re office is closed on sunday and monday which is worrying me. last month i had a cancelled iui due to poor response but i normally surge on my own around cd 14 on a medicated cycle. my o is weak on its own though so we typically use a trigger. so did you go in for monitoring around cd 10 and when did you trigger and the have the iui...

thanks for all your insights and gl 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question from a lurker...

• Options
    ShaylizShayliz member

It completely depends on your response.

IUI #1 was on CD16 after triggering CD14

IUI #2 was on CD12 after triggering CD11. 

Hi there!  On my first IUI, I had my first monitoring appt on day 12, triggered that night and did IUI on the morning of day 14.  On the second though, when I went to my monitoring appt I didn't have any follicles mature enough so that cycle it was like day 20 when we did the IUI.  This cycle I had my first monitoring appt on Monday, day 9 with the doc thinking I'd be ready by tomorrow (when I go back for my second monitoring appt) day 11.  If so then I'll trigger tomorrow night and do the IUI Friday morning.  Hope that helps good luck.
    Unexplained infertility; TTC #1 for 5 years
    IUI #1; m/c;c/p 3/15/2012
    IUI #2: Clomid, ovidrel trigger, prometrium;4/5/12; BFFN; IUI #3, clomid and injects; Beta June 8th????
    imagePhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I remember correct, my iuis were always on cd 12. Weird how they all did that. lol
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

IUI#1 on CD71 = BFN (Cloimd on CDs 60-64)

IUI#2 on CD26 = 2ww (Clomid on CD4-8 no response, Femara on CD19-23)

So I'm a little different.

But good luck!

• Options

I have done 8 IUIs and they have all ranged in CDs of the IUI but here are my last 3:

Bravelle cycle - IUI CD 12

Femara + Bravelle cycle - IUI CD 15

Femara + Bravelle cycle - IUI CD 14

It really all depends on how you respond. We did the hybrid cycle because I was majorly overresponding to just injects so I was only on 1 vial (75 iu) of Bravelle a night.

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I ovulated CD16-20 for the 5 IUIs I have had.  
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

After three IUIs, I think I can predict my own cycle pretty well, but I doubt it would be much use in predicting yours. This is me, FWIW:

IUI #1 w/clomid day 3-7: trigger cd11 and IUI cd13

IUI #2 w/clomid day 5-9: trigger cd13 and IUI cd15  

IUI #3 w/femara day 3-7: trigger cd12 and IUI cd13 (b/w showed LH surge already) 

Have you ever asked what happens if it looks like you are going to need an IUI on the days they aren't open? That would make me a nervous wreck. I hope to avoid weekend IUIs b/c I have to drive farther, but I can still do them.

Hopefully you will be either ready to go on Friday, or you won't be ready until next week. Good luck, and let us know what happens! 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options

IUI #1: Monitoring CD11 - IUI CD12

IUI #2: Monitoring CD10 - IUI CD11/12 (B2B)

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Options
    imageKiller Tomato:

After three IUIs, I think I can predict my own cycle pretty well, but I doubt it would be much use in predicting yours. This is me, FWIW:

IUI #1 w/clomid day 3-7: trigger cd11 and IUI cd13

IUI #2 w/clomid day 5-9: trigger cd13 and IUI cd15  

IUI #3 w/femara day 3-7: trigger cd12 and IUI cd13 (b/w showed LH surge already) 

Have you ever asked what happens if it looks like you are going to need an IUI on the days they aren't open? That would make me a nervous wreck. I hope to avoid weekend IUIs b/c I have to drive farther, but I can still do them.

Hopefully you will be either ready to go on Friday, or you won't be ready until next week. Good luck, and let us know what happens! 

I totally get that my cycle will be different, I was just wonderingif it was normal to have an IUI on like days 11-14 or if it was usually later in the cycle for most people like cd17ish, does that makes sense? I did ask what would happen and they didn't have an answer for me. They just told me I could ask the technition on Friday at my appt. It is VERY nerve wracking for me, you hit the nail on the head for that for sure... That's why I am trying to get an idea about other people's cycles. I have never done a hybrid cycle or IUI so I was just trying to see if I was making a mountain out of a mole hill or if i have reasonable cause for concern... I guess at the end of the day I am just going to have to wait and see what happens. TY and GL
  • Options
    I had monitoring and triggered on CD14 and had the IUI on CD16.  There was 36 hours between the trigger and IUI.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Options

If it makes you feel better, I freaked out several times in the past couple of cycles worrying that I would miss ovulation, and it all turned out fine.  I felt like such an annoying patient, constantly checking if they were sure they didn't want me to come in earlier. I was so worried I would miss ovulation, but I haven't yet.

I tell myself that it is what it is, and if I can't do anything about it, I might as well not worry. I don't really listen to myself, of course, even though I know I am right. Again, GL! 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    imageKiller Tomato:

If it makes you feel better, I freaked out several times in the past couple of cycles worrying that I would miss ovulation, and it all turned out fine.  I felt like such an annoying patient, constantly checking if they were sure they didn't want me to come in earlier. I was so worried I would miss ovulation, but I haven't yet.

I tell myself that it is what it is, and if I can't do anything about it, I might as well not worry. I don't really listen to myself, of course, even though I know I am right. Again, GL! 

Are we sisters? This is me whole heartedly. I know that this will work itself out but I can't seem to stop myself from worrying about it anyways... Thanks for the support. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"