Parenting

new carpet issue....?

we got new carpet installed yesterday.  We opted for a low end carpet because our plan is to put hardwood throughout within the next few years but the carpet that was here was so disgusting (previous owners had dogs that peed in the house)  So as I understand I am not getting a 'high' quality product, i don't think it was installed correctly.  Last night I cut my toe on the tack strip at the threshhold between the hallway and my bedroom.  The nails of the tackstrip are sticking up through the brand new carpet.

I have always had hardwood floors, so this carpet thing is new to me and this may be a completely stupid question, but I assume the tackstrip is not supposed to come through the carpet.

My husband is calling the company today, but with two kids and a LO on the way this is unacceptable in my mind....am I wrong?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: new carpet issue....?

• You are right, the tack strip should not come through the carpet at all.
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member
    You are absolutely right.  There should never be a tack strip showing through.  I'm thinking they didn't put a decent pad down underneath, maybe?  Absolutely call them and explain that with kids in the house, this is a safety danger and not acceptable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • jlw2505jlw2505 member
    You are correct, that was not installed correctly - you should not see where the carpet is tacked down anyplace, even near the walls.  At the seams, there should be something over the seam - typically a metal or wood piece.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • even if the quality of carpet is low, they should still install it correctly.

not acceptable. 

• Totally unacceptable. Tack strips should never poke through, regardless of the carpet quality. Have them correct that immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"