Trouble TTC
Options

Any words of wisdom?

Hi there,

I'll try to keep a long story short.  My husband and I are both 29 years old and we started trying in March 2011. The first cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy.  We FINALLY got pregnant again in October 2011.  At my 8 week appointment I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum and had a D&C a couple weeks later.  I've been given progesterone pills to help support the next pregnancy.  I only tried that for one cycle.  I didn't feel comfortable that the doctor did no testing and just prescribed the progesterone.  The only advice I have rec'd from my doctor is to keep trying, that my chances are good.  Now that I've been trying for over a year, I'm becoming a basket case.  I have no idea if I should be seeking another opinion or requesting an RE or demanding more from my doctor? Any suggestions?  I'm a little nervous about too much medical intervention but worried that I'm wasting precious time also.  I know there are ladies that have been through SO much worse, but there isn't a lot of advice out there for someone under 30 who doesn't seem to have any obvious health issues.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Re: Any words of wisdom?

• Options
    Hi and welcome.  I'm sorry for your losses.  I don't know the answer to your questions unfortunately but maybe try cross posting this on TTC After a Loss. I hope you get the answers you're seeking.
  • Options
    Ms H13Ms H13 member
    I would make an appt with an RE.  They will order a set of tests for you and YH and might be able to shed some light on why your pregnancies didn't make it to term, or what you might do to avoid future losses.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree...make an appointment with a RE. I was really freaked out by medical intervention as well, but you don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with. If you are nervous or uncomfortable with your current treatment, listen to your gut and get a second opinion.

I don't have any experience or knowledge about your specific issues, but there are plenty of us he without "obvious health issues." Nothing wrong with looking into things. You don't need a visible problem to need a RE, no matter what your age. You just need TTTC, which you (unfortunately) have. Much luck to you!

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your losses.  An RE would be a good place for you to get further testing and sort out your next steps.  BTW I have been prescribed progesterone after all my IUIs (without testing) as a matter of course.  Apparently, low progesterone can cause miscarriage so it is often prescribe as a precaution/boost.  Good luck!
  • Options
    imageKiller Tomato:

I agree...make an appointment with a RE. I was really freaked out by medical intervention as well, but you don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with. If you are nervous or uncomfortable with your current treatment, listen to your gut and get a second opinion.

This exactly. Definitely go to an RE for some more comprehensive testing.  Good luck to you!

Happily married since July 2008
    Me = 32, PCOS, AO :: DH = 34, SA= all good!
    TTC since April 2009
    9/11 - Started Acupuncture, began O on my own in November!
    1/12 - Consult w/ RE
    1/24/12 - Lap & Cystectomy to remove a tumor w/ precancerous cells from left ovary, also removed part of left ovary, no signs of endo noticed at that time
    2/12 - forced break to recover from surgery
    3/12- given the OK to start treatment w/ RE
    3/12 - HSG = right side good, unable to get dye in left tube so cannot verify if it is clear
    5/12 - Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN 6/12 - Medicated cycle cancelled due to cysts, natural cycle instead
  • Options

This is the first time I've posted anything and it has been a great comfort.  I am going to get a second opinion and get basic tests completed.  We'll see if that leads to an RE.  Hopefully being more proactive will help my nerves when it comes to this baby business!  

Thank you ladies for all of the great advice.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"