September 2012 Moms
Options

Where to register?

hi all,

DH and I have just started researching registries for baby #1. Ideally, we like the idea of Babies R Us, Amazon, and Target, but would rather not be registered in 3 places (or is that not too many?) Which of the three do you like and why? Where has the best selection? what about the best prices?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to register?

• Options

I had the same dilema two weeks ago. I went to Babies R Us to "try" everything in person and to test all the products (i.e. hold the carseats and what not), I then registered for everything I liked on Amazon. I have two friends who solely used Amazon and loved the experience. 

Best Wishes 

Married to my best friend and mom to Calvin, 18 months old. We are so excited to being having Baby #2 (due on our 4 year anniversary)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I actually think 3 is a good number only because Amazon is strictly online. If you were doing just in store registering then I would say 2, but 3 isn't bad. It gives people options, but at the same time you're more likely to end up with multiples with 3 in store only. We are choosing to register at Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Amazon. Kinda debating on the Buy Buy Baby as a new store just opened (yayyyy!!!) but it's about a 45 minute drive. EEeeek. However, where we live it's 30 minutes to even get to a target or Babies R Us. We do have family and friends who live near Buy Buy Baby sooooo I don't know. My mom says go for it considering that people will be traveling anyways and they are used to that here. But I just don't know. The completion discount in itself would just be nice.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People like to touch and shop in person for babies. That being said some people hate shopping and love online. So I did BRU & Amazon. Target's baby section is not nearly bug enough and I hate their return policy, so I refuse to register there.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I put the most important stuff on my Amazon registry, and then I created one at Target for smaller, yet needed items.  So, people have an option of going to the store and selecting something or shopping online.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH's family is pretty anti-internet shopping, so I went with BRU and Target because they have the online option for my family/our friends, but DH's family can go to a store.  I am not thrilled with registering at Target because of their return policy, but they are the closest store to us that has baby stuff....the BRU is almost 2 hours away.
  • Options
    imageJenniefer2008:

We are choosing to register at Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Amazon. 

Yay! I'm so glad I'm not the only one doing this. I've had people tell me I'm crazy to register at all three (or to choose which items to put on which registry), but I think there are benefits to having the items on all three. It will require some micromanaging to try to avoid duplicates, but I'm just trying to find the best and most convenient deals for everyone.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member

I started at BRU and moved everything to Target.  I found the selection in terms of available color and options to be better as well as the prices.  One thing to be aware of it that most of the items are sold online only, not really much different than Amazon, but returns/exchanges will be easier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would do BRU and Amazon, and skip Target.  I've heard really bad feedback regarding Target's return policy, and their baby section isn't that large.  With BRU and Amazon, you have a brick-and-mortar option for those people not comfortable shopping online, and online shopping available for those people big on the convenience factor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I registered at BRU & Amazon. I doubt anyone will buy off Amazon, but the prices are much lower.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm using BRU and Myregistry.com, it's a website that lets you add items from different sites and stores. 
     <3 
  • Options
    We went with BRU and Amazon. Most of the things we wanted weren't at BRU, but felt like not everyone would want to shop online. I adore Target, but have heard negative things about their return policy, and the selection where I live isn't so hot.
  • Options

dear all,

Thanks for all the responses! It's very helpful for me to know the pros and cons. Wishing you all the best!

• Options

imageFlamingemu:
    People like to touch and shop in person for babies. That being said some people hate shopping and love online. So I did BRU & Amazon. Target's baby section is not nearly bug enough and I hate their return policy, so I refuse to register there.

ITA Target is a great store, but not for baby registries. Their in-store selection is usually really small, so it's essentially another online shopping option. I don't think 3 is an excessive number, especially if there are items available at one place and not another. But if you want to cut it back, ditch Target.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"