Georgia Babies
Options

homeless shelters?

I'm trying to help someone find a shelter that will accept a single father with a little girl.  Can someone help me find a place for them to go?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: homeless shelters?

• Options
    myrallmyrall member
    If the Atlanta Children's Shelter can't help, they might know who can. I know it's extraordinarily difficult for fathers to remain with kids in these kinds of situations. Most shelters are only set up to accommodate mothers and kids. Often in family situations, the father has to stay elsewhere. It's stupid and sad.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

call the Gwinnett Children's Shelter, they might be able to tell him where to go. Even if the little girl has to stay there by herself, it's a nice shelter and the kids were happy - I used to volunteer there.

It makes me so sad to think about, I wish them the best of luck :-(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call MUST Ministries in Cobb. They'll know what to do.

• Options

If the PP post don't work out the Midtown Assistance Center can help you with that info. They aren't a shelter but they would know who to call. GL

• Options
    There is the men's extension in Cobb county.  Must ministries in cobb the main office is off 41, but they also have a location in Smyrna.  I agree that the kids may have to stay separate from the father, but if they are all safe while he gets things worked out then it will be worth it.  Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"