September 2012 Moms
Options

Moving when pregnant should be illegal!

As hard as I tried to not lift anything heavy, I ended up carrying *** up the stairs to my 2nd floor apartment. I cannot stand my RLP and sciatic pain. I'm sure the baby did not like it one bit as I have not felt her move as much today. Or maybe I haven't paid attention to her movement?  In any case, this day sucks. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moving when pregnant should be illegal!

• Options

Ugh, that's rough.  Hopefully unpacking is easier and satisfies your nesting urges.

As to the lack of movement, you moving probably just lulled baby to sleep. Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBakerMommy:

Ugh, that's rough.  Hopefully unpacking is easier and satisfies your nesting urges.

As to the lack of movement, you moving probably just lulled baby to sleep. Smile 

Agreed. I've found that when I'm having a busy day at work and moving around a lot I don't feel as much movement, but when I sit down to rest or go to sleep that's when he starts jumping around.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did it and I completely agree. I'm very sorry. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My Dr. says its totally fine to lift heavy things, as long as you don't push things against your bump too hard or lose your balance and fall over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    imageL8kissie:
    Yep we did it last weekend and will be doing it again in August.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Do you have someone to help you in settling in to your new home? My husband and I will be moving in July, and I will be around 29-30 weeks then.  We moved last year in the summer, and that was difficult enough not being pregnant! So, I can only imagine how challenging this move will be.  I think my excitement over upgrading into a larger home is helping me to feel relaxed about the actual moving aspect.  I hope that you have some help in setting up your new home!

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We will be moving from a second floor condo to a house his summer and I am not looking forward to the process...
  • Options
    I completely AGREE. And staring at the bottles of wine that would help me relax after a long day of dealing with our move, and preparing the new house that I can't have isn't making it any easier. Even better, we move June 2nd, and have to take a 2 hour break in moving for our 3d ultrasound.... I've already had one pregnancy breakdown over this move, I'm just waiting for the next one.
  • Options

imageL8kissie:

This!

• Options
    We will be moving soon, just need to find somewhere lol..but we are on the second floor of an apartment building with only stairs. Im dreading it already, especially since i dont know if my bf will even be in town to help, luckily i can get my family to help 
  • Options
    I hear ya!  We've been in the process of moving to our new place since last weekend and we won't be done until next weekend.  My mom was in town to help this week which was amazing, but both she and DH won't let me lift anything.  I'm pretty strong and have moved myself 6 times in the past 10 years.  I'm getting very frustrated just watching people do things.  Let me help for God's sake!!!
  • Options
    It should but I moved with a newborn (5week old) and with the sleep deprivation and colicky newborn we should have moved while pregnant instead but the house didn't close in time. It was a rough time! Good news though once you get all settled in you can enjoy nesting before baby arrives! I don't think we were unpacked for 3 months :( I hated living out of boxes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had plenty of help and DH is doing overtime with this move but it was exhausting nevertheless.  My sister and MIL are nosy and love to give their opinion and they ended up stressing me out more than I already was! Life is much better today. No more bending over or coming up and down the stairs or people telling me where to organize things. That took it out of me!
  • Options
    Ugh I totally feel for you! During my first pregnancy, we moved from Georgia to WI when I was 26 weeks. We did get movers to load and unload the truck, but still all that packing and unpacking killed me! Especially since we found out we were moving (for a job) two weeks before we had to leave, and nothing had been done before that!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hear ya. We're moving out next weekend. Since DH is already living in our new state, I've been trying to pack and get ready for moving by myself (pretty epic fail, as I'm really not strong to begin with). Next weekend is supposed to be the hottest days we've had, which is just even more excellent. 

• Options
    We'll be movig in late July or early August and i'm dreading it. We are debating on movers or not. But to me the hard part is packing everything!
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"