June 2011 Moms

Any tips or advice for tubes?

Well, after his 5th double ear infection since March 1st...B is getting tubes on Wednesday.  Any advice or info I should know from anyone who's been through it?  I'm really nervous about him getting knocked out...

Re: Any tips or advice for tubes?

• He'll do great! See if you can get the first appointment in the day so he doesn't get too hungry beforehand. And be prepared for some crying afterwards. This is due to being groggy and disoriented rather than pain. it will be quick and will be so so worth it! Good luck momma :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They just use a little gas, not as scary as a general anesthetic IMO. The procedure is so quick, and recovery is a breeze. Getting tubes placed in DS's ears has been the best parenting decision we have made. He has not had a single ear infection since March, and that in itself is priceless.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ditto both of the PP's, we're so glad we went and had it done.  Liam had his put in 2 weeks ago, it was very simple.  the worst part was waiting around in the morning since he couldn't eat.  I was able to nurse him at 6am, but that was it and his procedure wasn't until 11:30am.  So he was pretty cranky with hunger by the time they took him back.  But after the procedure, he was very calm, I nursed him right away, then he took a long nap when we came home.  I swear, when he woke up from that nap, you would have never known he'd had the procedure just hours before, he was super happy!  He was bit fussy by bedtime, so we gave him tylenol before putting him to bed, and he was fine the next day. 

good luck!

The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"