Military Families

BAH question- temporarily moving home

DH has checked into our new duty station (Camp Lejeune) and the kids and I will be going home (to Texas) while we wait for base housing to open up. We are #3 on the list so they estimate 2-4 months. Does anyone know how our BAH will work while we wait? DH will be staying with a buddy while he's there at Lejeune. Is it TX, NC, or do we not get it while we are in TX? Also, do you know if we get a seperation allowance? It doesn't matter if we get any of it but I don't want to get 'extra money' if we're not supposed to and then on down the line have to pay back pay. I'd like to make sure we do the right thing first. TIA!

Re: BAH question- temporarily moving home

• You will get NC BAH, Just remember, it's not based on where the family is but where the service member is stationed.

You may get separation pay, I don't remember all the details on it when it comes to your choice to be a Geo Bachelor. 

• You'll get the NC BAH.  You won't get separation pay if you choose to go somewhere else.  They only do that when they cause the separation.  Going to TX is your choice.  You could have chosen to stay in temp housing with him.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We are at Camp Lejeune. If you have any questions about the area feel free to PM me.

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebeachbum4304:
    We are at Camp Lejeune. If you have any questions about the area feel free to PM me.

Thank You! We were at Cherry Point years ago so I faintly remember the area....LOL. But I'll message you if I have specific questions. Thanks for the info, it's pretty much what I assumed.

• I agree with all the other posters. We are stationed at Camp Lejeune too! Just FYI the housing list is moving VERY quickly! I know two people who were told it would be 2-4 months two weeks ago and already have their move in dates for the beginning of June. 

They are opening up a lot of new housing and a lot of people are PCS'ing so you may get something faster than anticipated!  Good Luck

• imageiluvmytxrgr:
    You'll get the NC BAH.  You won't get separation pay if you choose to go somewhere else.  They only do that when they cause the separation.  Going to TX is your choice.  You could have chosen to stay in temp housing with him.  

This exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEmilia0101:

imageiluvmytxrgr:
    You'll get the NC BAH.  You won't get separation pay if you choose to go somewhere else.  They only do that when they cause the separation.  Going to TX is your choice.  You could have chosen to stay in temp housing with him.  

This exactly.

Indifferent
    love angel Pictures, Images and Photos Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings. ~Terri Guillemets
  • imageangelwings111:
    imageEmilia0101:

imageiluvmytxrgr:

This exactly.

Indifferent

?

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageamyl2585:

I agree with all the other posters. We are stationed at Camp Lejeune too! Just FYI the housing list is moving VERY quickly! I know two people who were told it would be 2-4 months two weeks ago and already have their move in dates for the beginning of June. 

They are opening up a lot of new housing and a lot of people are PCS'ing so you may get something faster than anticipated!  Good Luck

This is very encouraging, thank you! Yeah the office said we came at a great time and beat the rush in. The top 3 is locked in and we can't move down. Not crazy about moving home so I'm hoping it does move quickly...LOL.

• When I moved to camp lejeune in January it only took me about 6 weeks to get a move in date & I was in the 40s on the list.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"