September 2012 Moms
Options

babymoon cancelled :(

So, it looks like we are not going to be able to do our babymoon (we hadn't booked anything yet) because last night our neighborhood was struck by lightning and unfortunately caused some damage to our house.  We need our garage door openers at least repaired, the cable in our house is completely shot (which also means our cable modem and wireless router were fried) and worst of all the computer on our furnace/AC unit was fried.  DH says it will be at least $1000 to repair everything and our homeowner's insurance deductible is $1000, so either way we're out $1000 and there goes a huge chunk of our babymoon money.  I'm trying to be positive though....at least we still have all our electricity and the water heater still works, it's been in the 70s here so we don't really need heat/ac at the moment.  Also, we know of another house in a nearby neighborhood that was struck by lightning a few weeks ago and it caught on fire, so we are grateful for what we have, but I'm still sad not to get our last little trip before baby!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: babymoon cancelled :(

• Options
    Aw man, that really sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Glad no one was hurt though! You can still probably take a babymoon, just make a different, cheaper plan. Me and DH often have to change trip plans because of something happening. Last time, we were planning on going to the mountains to spend three nights in a cabin. Unfortunately, we ended up only being bale to afford a day trip to the mountains because DH hit a bird and we had to fix his windshield.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Aw! I'm sorry about the lightening!  If you got your husband to agree to taking some time off work... use it!  It could be a shorter or less exotic place or even just staying home.  You could watch movies in your pj's all day, have a picnic lunch in the park, try a new restaurant or recipe, or spend the night on blankets watching stars from your back yard.   Hope you find some way to enjoy some together time and make some memories anyway!

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"