June 2011 Moms
Options

Disposable helium tanks from Michaels

This is probably a long shot - but has anyone ever purchased the disposable helium tank that the craft store Michaels sells? If so, did it work well? It's only $27.99 and then you can use a 40% off coupon from their website to get it for around $17. I'm thinking about buying it. We're having DD's birthday party at a park and I thought it would be a lot easier to inflate the balloons once we get to the park as opposed to driving with a car full of inflated balloons.
BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
Married: Feb 2008
DD: June 2011
TTC# 2: April 2014
BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

Re: Disposable helium tanks from Michaels

• Options
    We're on #4 around here, I think.  Used one or two for DS1's bday, and for several baby showers, to blow up a balloon for the kids to play with, etc.  Just bought a new one at Hobby Lobby with a coupon for DS2's bday.  They work great.  If you get the one with the balloons, the balloons are a little small, but I've always used different balloons anyway.  They're a good deal when you figure the price per helium balloon.  Go for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejellybeanjean:
    We're on #4 around here, I think.  Used one or two for DS1's bday, and for several baby showers, to blow up a balloon for the kids to play with, etc.  Just bought a new one at Hobby Lobby with a coupon for DS2's bday.  They work great.  If you get the one with the balloons, the balloons are a little small, but I've always used different balloons anyway.  They're a good deal when you figure the price per helium balloon.  Go for it!

This is a great idea! How many balloons do you think you could fill? I'd hate to run out of helium the day of!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There are different sizes of tanks -- I believe one that says 35 balloons and one that says 50.  It'll of course be an approximate, depending on how full you fill them and what size of balloons you need.

I'll never go somewhere again to have latex balloons filled.  It is just SO convenient and SO much cheaper to buy a tank.  When I'm out of ideas for toys/things to entertain the boys, I run down to the basement, blow up a balloon or two, and it'll occupy them for at least half an hour.

I use them for photoshoots, etc -- latex balloons don't hold helium as well as mylar, so if you want a couple balloons for her actual birthday and then some for the party (if they're not on the same day), it's just so nice to be able to inflate whenever you want.

I swear I don't work for the helium tank company.  Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We usually get the smaller ones from Target. We use them all parties and showers and stuff. The store pretty well too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"