Pregnant after a Loss

Tingling Hands / Fingers?

For the past few days my hands and fingers have been mildly tingly and numb. I have a desk job which relies heavily on email / typing.

Could this be carpal tunnel so early? It's mild but definitely noticeable. 

Has this happened to anyone one else? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Re: Tingling Hands / Fingers?

• It could be a lot of things.  may be carpal tunnel, although I have never experienced that while pg.  it could also be caused by a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Might want the doc to do a blood test to check your B12 level.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had carpal tunnel since a couple of months after my DS was born.  That is what it sounds like, not sure if it's just coincidental or actually pregnancy related, though.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My fingers get numb/tingly...I notice it now and I had it with my loss...for some reason, I notice it a lot when I'm driving.
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband had the tingling and numbness, and he was only about 30 at the time.  If I were you, I'd definitely get it checked out.  The surgery is quick and easy.  DH barely has a scar.  He had both hands done, and he said it was the best decision he's ever made.  I wouldn't let it go too long, though.  If the nerve damage gets to be too bad, they may not be able to correct it.  (although my DH let it go for a couple of years, and his surgery turned out fine)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EveanynEveanyn member
    It never hurts to ask doc
  • Which fingers?

I had carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve compression when I was pg...but mine was from weeks 26-36.  They are similar ideas, just different nerves that get compressed.  Ulnar nerve was my pinky/ring/middle fingers (sort of like you hit your funny bone, but its not funny and it doesn't go away).  Carpal tunnel was thumb/pointer/middle fingers.  For me it was my fingertips in particular, but sometimes the whole finger.  In general if you keep your wrists and elbows straight it helps.  I ended up sleeping in wrist braces with my arms straight out.  Sleeping with bent wrists would give me pretty bad pain.

I'd mention it to your doctor, but if its the same stuff I had its nothing to worry about...just really annoying.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loo52Loo52 member
    Circulation can get very poor during pregnancy, even early pregnancy. Mine sucks. It could just be that. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"