June 2011 Moms

Re: UO!

• Options
    I hate kiddie CDs. For some reason people keep buying them for us. I've tried and tried and tried to listen to Old McDonald and Twinkle Twinkle but seriously I just can't do it. I don't care if it's kids or adults singing it's annoying. We lare back to  sports talk radio and the little guy seems to enjoy it, and so do I.

• Options
    I've seen a lot of articles lately about people with PHDs on foodstamps, etc. My first reaction was "Shocker! Did you really think the market would have a burning need for medieval architecture experts?" It is a bad economy, and these people have not cultivated sought-after knowledge or skills. I get that they may have been pursuing their passion, but then don't whine about how the universe has deprived you of what you "earned".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageOoglybear:
    I've seen a lot of articles lately about people with PHDs on foodstamps, etc. My first reaction was "Shocker! Did you really think the market would have a burning need for medieval architecture experts?" It is a bad economy, and these people have not cultivated sought-after knowledge or skills. I get that they may have been pursuing their passion, but then don't whine about how the universe has deprived you of what you "earned".

Wink

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I couldn't care less whether MH did or did not do something for me for mother's day.

He got me a card and said happy mother's day but other than that we didn't do anything special (other than go out to eat because we were out of town at my brother's graduation).

I just didn't get all of the posts about people complaining nothing big/grand/special happened for their mother's day. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMommaG123:

I could care less whether MH did or did not do something for me for mother's day.

He got me a card and said happy mother's day but other than that we didn't do anything special (other than go out to eat because we were out of town at my brother's graduation).

I just didn't get all of the posts about people complaining nothing big/grand/special happened for their mother's day. 

I believe you want to say 'could not' care less.  And I was feeling this way, but then, by power of suggestion thanks to this board, I thought 'hmm...perhaps he could have put a little more thought into it besides a card from him a card from Stella.  Damn board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSunidaze:
    imageMommaG123:

I could care less whether MH did or did not do something for me for mother's day.

I believe you want to say 'could not' care less.  And I was feeling this way, but then, by power of suggestion thanks to this board, I thought 'hmm...perhaps he could have put a little more thought into it besides a card from him a card from Stella.  Damn board.

Haha thanks. Embarrassed 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think the Married Life reaction to the board changes was a little ridiculous. I get that they have complaints. I agree with them on that. I thought the pampers coup was hilarious. But then they started being really mean to Kathleen and Heather and I thought that was uncalled for. Then they tried to edit wikipedia to reflect the incident. Also funny, but the editing war they got into makes me think they have a little too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    klvklv member
    I also hate kiddie songs. Hannah has never heard "row row your boat", "twinkle twinkle" or most other songs. She likes Irish music. I am good with that.
  • Options
    These music UOs are cracking me up.  I'm totally with you girls; we are always listening to MY music and my kids love dancing to that, but trust me when I say that there will come a day that you will be singing Itsy Bitsy and Wheels on the Bus over and over and over and over and over....at dinner, in the car, before bed, during bed, after naps, in the shower...and it is sooner than you think.  Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Speaking of kids' music....there is a toddler station on Pandora.  If you haven't yet checked it out, you should...not as bad as what it sounds.  It does have the kids songs on...but I just thumbs down the song so that I am not subjected to it again (however, they sometimes will slip a different version by on occasion).  It plays a lot of raggae and oldies.  One of my favorites, though, has to be the lullabied version of Journey's 'Dont' Stop Believing.'
  • Options

imageSunidaze:
    Speaking of kids' music....there is a toddler station on Pandora.  If you haven't yet checked it out, you should...not as bad as what it sounds.  It does have the kids songs on...but I just thumbs down the song so that I am not subjected to it again (however, they sometimes will slip a different version by on occasion).  It plays a lot of raggae and oldies.  One of my favorites, though, has to be the lullabied version of Journey's 'Dont' Stop Believing.'

I had no idea. I love Pandora and will have to check that out. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I don't LOVE cake smash pics. I guess sometimes they're cute. I am on the fence about them. I haven't decided yet whether we'll do them, but they are def not something I "have" to do. I guess it's more of a "I can take it or leave it" kind of thing.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Smoking outdoors is just as annoying. I know people need their smoking spaces, but not in a kids' park. 

Today I took DD to the park and she fell asleep in the car. I parked and opened my door to get fresh air while she slept. All of a sudden I'm smelling smoke. A woman brought her kids to the park and was smoking right near my car as she watched them play. Grrrr!!!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options

imagekattyleigh:
    These music UOs are cracking me up.  I'm totally with you girls; we are always listening to MY music and my kids love dancing to that, but trust me when I say that there will come a day that you will be singing Itsy Bitsy and Wheels on the Bus over and over and over and over and over....at dinner, in the car, before bed, during bed, after naps, in the shower...and it is sooner than you think.  Stick out tongue

I'm so already there, lol :)  and I have zero problem with it.  If Wheels on the Bus makes him calm down, then I will sing it a million times.  If 3 little fishies makes him laugh in the tub, then I'm all over it! 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

imagekattyleigh:

Or while sprinting through the mall while pushing your double stroller because you just neeeeeed to get to two more quick stops before your kids totally lose it.  We did it all: the doors, the wheels, the money, the windows, the driver, the baby, the mommy, the daddy, the horn, the wipers...I can sing while sprinting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hmm.  Maybe my UO is that I like a lot of kids songs.  I especially love The Wiggles. lol.

"Fruit salad.  yummy, yummy!"

• Options
    imagejellybeanjean:

imagekattyleigh:

Or while sprinting through the mall while pushing your double stroller because you just neeeeeed to get to two more quick stops before your kids totally lose it.  We did it all: the doors, the wheels, the money, the windows, the driver, the baby, the mommy, the daddy, the horn, the wipers...I can sing while sprinting.

Awesome!! 

• Options
    Jills83Jills83 member
    imagejellybeanjean:

imagekattyleigh:

This is a hilarious visual. 

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    imagekimbo1216:

Hmm.  Maybe my UO is that I like a lot of kids songs.  I especially love The Wiggles. lol.

I do too. I sing them to Callie all the time. Not the wiggles, because I don't know the songs, but kid songs in general. I have vivid memories of listening to children's CDs growing up and loving it. I want the same for Callie. I love a good Raffi CD!

FYI - I also heard that Jewel's lullaby cd/kids cd is awesome. I'm planning on checking that out.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    imagecvl105:
    imagekimbo1216:

I do too. I sing them to Callie all the time. Not the wiggles, because I don't know the songs, but kid songs in general. I have vivid memories of listening to children's CDs growing up and loving it. I want the same for Callie. I love a good Raffi CD!

FYI - I also heard that Jewel's lullaby cd/kids cd is awesome. I'm planning on checking that out.

I sing them to Ash all the time too! He will put up with my music for a bit, but eventually will start yelling from the back seat until I turn his music on, and then he will be quiet for the rest of the ride! He definitely has already developed a preference. If he is particularly cranky I sing along with the music and he loves it!

I, however, hate having to listen to myself sing "do your ears hang low" for 15 miles!

• Options
    I think all the uproar over the board changes is ridiculous (not just people on this board but on any board).  So what if they are making some changes?  Roll with it.  It's just a message board.
  • Options
    imageRemmieRis:

I don't see the super-big-deal when babies don't have shoes on.  As long as they aren't walking around, or reached walking age. Weather permitting, I don't see what the huge deal is. DS always kicks his shoes off, he HATES them. He usually has socks on, but if it's 80 degress outside and I'm carrying him somewhere, I really don't see the need to make him scream while I put shoes on him. Shoes are for walking, which he doesn't do yet. I don't see why it bothers people so much.

I'm more likely to give a side-eye to an adult out in public wearing dirty tinkerbell pajama pants. But hey, that's just me.

I don't see the big deal even when they are walking around.  It's been proven that barefoot is best both in general and for new walkers.

• Options
    imagecvl105:
    imagekimbo1216:

I have it.  It's just meh.

• Options
    imagecvl105:
    imagekimbo1216:

I HIGHLY recommend the Laurie Berkner Band. I love her songs! 

• Options
    imageMommaG123:

I couldn't care less whether MH did or did not do something for me for mother's day.

I agree with this- we went to six flags, but that's just because we had a coupon that I got in free on Mothers Day.

IMHO EVERYDAY is Mothers day, your DH/SO should treat you the same way everyday, not "special" one day out of the year.  But I know that's just crazy talk for most people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    ajc0121ajc0121 member

imagekattyleigh:

My LO LOVES the wheels on the bus. I sing it two or three times in a row and she is out like a light. I have been known to add quite a few things on to the bus as well.

• Options

imageSunidaze:

I love kiddie music bc it reminds me of growing up. I always sing silly songs to M, and DH swears I made them up, but nope, they are real songs :) 

On Saturday mornings we bring M into the bed with us if he wakes up uber early and I put the Toddler Pandora station on and we sing and dance and giggle. It's one of my fave family times. 

• Options

i think that some kids' songs are really good.  granted, there are plenty that i wouldn't want to hear all the time, but having kids has been a good excuse to sing all of those songs.

i also agree with pp that i don't expect to be pampered on mother's day.  a card and a small gift were fine.  being a mother is its own reward.

and a UO/vent from me:

i think it's silly to re-name airports after people.  i always know who's from out of town when they say they're flying into Reagan.  i still say "National" and i'm going to continue to say "National."  and who the *** though it would be a good idea to re-name BWI to Thurgood Marshall-BWI ...?  seriously? 

okay.  i'm going to calm down now...

• Options
    imagemesr:

and a UO/vent from me:

i think it's silly to re-name airports after people.  i always know who's from out of town when they say they're flying into Reagan.  i still say "National" and i'm going to continue to say "National."  and who the *** though it would be a good idea to re-name BWI to Thurgood Marshall-BWI ...?  seriously? 

okay.  i'm going to calm down now...

lol. We have John Wayne Airport, but either they changed the name a long time ago, or it has always been called that, because no one calls in Santa Ana, which is its airport code (SNA).

• Options
    imageajc0121:

imagekattyleigh:

My LO LOVES the wheels on the bus. I sing it two or three times in a row and she is out like a light. I have been known to add quite a few things on to the bus as well.

Haha! All of this! She even signs for it by rolling her wrists every time she nurses.  It's hysterical.  Funny thing is I never really sang it to her but they did it in swimming lessons.  

• Options
    kas80kas80 member
    The wheels on the bus is the sole reason I get the 5 min of shower time that I do.  While she's screaming and banging on the shower door because I dared to put her down its the only thing that will calm her down at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i dont mind the kids music either. They gave us a CD at school that goes along with their music program and we've listened to it a lot with her in the car. Most aren't the typical songs everyone knows, but definitely kid music. As the Dallas moms can attest "When Lexi wakes up in the morning..." is instant-calm-down-crack for my girl :)
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"