June 2011 Moms
Options

Tried the Blue Dawn and White Vinegar (NBR)

Thanks for all of the cleaning product suggestions the other day!!  I tried mixing equal parts blue Dawn and white vinegar, sprayed it on my tub, let it sit overnight, and voila! After wiping it down this morning with a wet washcloth (barely any pressure to scrub at all), the tub looks AMAZING!!  Seriously, it hasn't looked this good since we moved in 4 years ago!

My new problem is that the shower walls are white tile, and now the grout seems to be tinted blue from the Dawn.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to spray the wall?  :/

Also, while the mixture completely obliterated the soap scum/dirt, it did not get rid of the black mildew that has admittedly accumulated in one corner of our shower.  Embarrassed  I feel like I've tried everything, but I'm still looking for something that will be successful there.

Re: Tried the Blue Dawn and White Vinegar (NBR)

• Options
    milescmilesc member

I always use The Works tub and shower cleaner. You can find it at Dollar General for $1. Not sure if it will help in your situation, but couldn't hurt!

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options

For my general cleaning I usually use the scrubbing bubbles stuff.

Magic erasers also work wonders... and for in the corners I usually use a tooth brush to really get in there.

Maybe try a toothbrush and bleach?   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have white grout too and I've sprayed the walls before... I noticed a subtle blue tint, but after a few showers it went away!
  • Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    Have you tried the magic eraser?? They are the most amazing invention ever. Seriously. You will be amazed.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I use Clorox bleach shower spray or if you can find it X14. I spray it on and leave it for 10 min, rinse and the black melts away. The smell is horrible bleach but it does the trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely try the magic eraser if you haven't already! Works great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cmreadcmread member
    Thanks everyone.  Yes, I LOVE the Magic Eraser.  Amazing.  The Dawn/vinegar worked even better and was easier for the tub though - I couldn't believe it.  I will try a toothbrush with bleach on the corners.  I determined to get it off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"