June 2011 Moms
Options

Amber necklace users - nighttime

We usually put it around her ankle.  But it's been warm and we've been dressing her in two piece sets.  This morning she woke up early (before 6 and was just playing so I left her, until I heard her chomping on something.  I went in, she had pulled off her socks and amber necklace and was chewing on it.

Do you still put it around LO ankle? or do they wear it around their neck at night?  

I'm scared to put it on her neck, but I'm scared for her to sleep without it. 

Re: Amber necklace users - nighttime

• Options
    I forgot to take it off a couple of times and freaked out.  Then bumpies pointed out they are made to break without going into pieces when there is tension.  We just leave it on 24/7 (unless we're recharging it in the sun or something).  It has not been a problem for us.
  • Options
    dh will only let me put it on her ankle under zipper pajamas (she can get her feet out and pull off socks with snap pajamas, so her necklace sometimes ends up hanging out in the crib). But I know lots of mamas let their babies sleep with them around their necks and haven't had any problems.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jills83Jills83 member
    V wears it on his neck 24/7, minus bathtime.  I started out snapping it under the first snap of his PJs, but now he wears separates without snaps or buttons. I found him playing with it in his crib once, but I think that was my fault for screwing it in crooked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've never put it on N's ankle. He's been sleeping in it for 5 months now.  It's never been a problem.  He doesn't even notice it's there.  And ours is made with a breakaway clasp so it would break before it could strangle him.  And the beads are individually tied so they won't all come off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekimbo1216:
    I forgot to take it off a couple of times and freaked out.  Then bumpies pointed out they are made to break without going into pieces when there is tension.  We just leave it on 24/7 (unless we're recharging it in the sun or something).  It has not been a problem for us.
    recharge? I didn't know you were suppose to do that. Hmmm
  • Options

imagejanbc06:
    imagekimbo1216:

I think bunnymamma told me that.  Every now and then you need to let it stay in the sun all day to recharge it's energy. lol

• Options
    imagekimbo1216:

imagejanbc06:
    imagekimbo1216:

I think bunnymamma told me that.  Every now and then you need to let it stay in the sun all day to recharge it's energy. lol

well ours probably needs recharged then! Thanks!
  • Options
    He wears it around his neck day and night. He still has no idea he wears it. When he starts to be aware of it we'll prob do the sock bit.
  • Options
    imagejanbc06:
    imagekimbo1216:

imagejanbc06:
    imagekimbo1216:

well ours probably needs recharged then! Thanks!

Ditto, I had no idea we had to do that, thanks! 

• Options
    She wears it around her neck basically 24/7 besides bathtime.  I was nervous the first few times, but I can really tell a difference in the quality of her sleep when she's not wearing it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    D wears his 24/7 unless he is getting a bath or at daycare. He doesn't even know it is there. We have never had any issues with it.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    Add us to the stays around the neck.  The 2 times we put it on his ankle he played with it.  I have never seen him play with it around his neck.  So it comes off for bath time and otherwise stays on his neck
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"