June 2011 Moms
Options

Recipe Ideas

Can you ladies please help me out. I am craving pulled pork and will admit I am not much of a cok. I am looking for a simple recipe (crock pot) would be great too. I know I can google this but I have seen some yummy recipes on here and thought I would ask if any of you had some good ones. Thanks!

Re: Recipe Ideas

• Options
    I put a pork loin in the crock pot with one to two cans of root beer (enough to cover), then take it out, shred it and mix it with BBQ sauce.  We like it a lot, although neither DH or I care for the smell while it's cooking, but tastes yummy when it's done.
  • Options
    ajc0121ajc0121 member

imageM&M227:
    I put a pork loin in the crock pot with one to two cans of root beer (enough to cover), then take it out, shred it and mix it with BBQ sauce.  We like it a lot, although neither DH or I care for the smell while it's cooking, but tastes yummy when it's done.

This exactly! Or you can substitute Dr. Pepper. SO good!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageajc0121:

imageM&M227:

Ha. I usually use Coke. I also put in some chipotles with the coke. If I am feeling fancy, I will rub the meat with brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and just a dash of cayenne. IF you sear it before putting it in the crockpot, it gets really tasty crunchy parts. 

• Options
    Jills83Jills83 member
    imageRLH315:
    imageajc0121:

imageM&M227:

Ha. I usually use Coke. I also put in some chipotles with the coke. If I am feeling fancy, I will rub the meat with brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and just a dash of cayenne. IF you sear it before putting it in the crockpot, it gets really tasty crunchy parts. 

Do this! My parents make it like that and it is so good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't put any liquid in when I do pulled pork in the crock pot. A Boston butt has plenty of juices on its own. I do a rub of mostly brown sugar with some garlic & chili powder, cook on low all day, then when I get home, pull out the meat, dump most of the liquid (it's a lot of fat), pull the pork and put in some BBQ sauce. Then let it go on high for 30 mins - 1 hour, til we're ready to eat!
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    lately I've just been doing it with water, some sliced onions and a pork loin, then shredding and adding bbq sauce at the end. Very good, and without the extra sugar and stuff in the soda.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork!

https://www.coffeeandcannolis.com/2010/11/crockpot-dr-pepper-pulled-pork.html

This is fantastic and very, very easy!  You can also make it with Root beer instead. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"