June 2011 Moms
Options

CP: 1 week vacay w/o baby

So my 3 god sisters that I am VERY close with and some extended friends are going on a group cruise next April.  Cruising is my fav type of vacay and I have gone on several before DH. 

DH hates them so I have only been on 1 in the last 3 yrs.  LO will be almost 2.  I plan to leave him with DH who is quite capable of managing LO.

So what do you think.  Do you think that by April 2013 you would be emotionally ready to leave LO with your DH for a week to "hang with the girls?"

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CP: 1 week vacay w/o baby

• Options
    You will have a blast and your LO will be great with Dad - go for it - don't think twice.
  • Options
    You should totally go! It's not like you're leaving LO with a babysitter, he'll be with daddy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

SS: I've already left DD3 with H for a week becuase I travel a few times a year for work.

That being said, if I'm going anywhere for a week long vacation without my kids I want my husband with me!

We don't get much time to vacation together, and I'd feel bad leaving him -- not the baby-- while I go off and have fun with friends.

• Options
    I think most definitely.  I had a long weekend away a few weeks ago and DH handled it just fine.  He also handled a week home with her out of daycare last week just fine.
  • Options
    Jills83Jills83 member
    I'll let you know how I feel after the week of June 4 when  I have to go on a week-long work trip.  I think I'll be fine with it. If I were you I'd plan the trip.  Sounds fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd probably rather DH and LO come with me on the cruise, too. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    We're planning on leaving A for 10 days at the end of Oct.

I'm sure you'll have a blast!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    vigurlvigurl member

imagemarch2008:
    I'd probably rather DH and LO come with me on the cruise, too. :)

Not an option.  DH HATES LOTHES DETESTS cruises

• Options

imagewootownlady:
    You will have a blast and your LO will be great with Dad - go for it - don't think twice.

This! Do it... it is good for the soul!

• Options
    vigurlvigurl member
    Thanks ladies.  I have been thinking about it for months not but I think I am going to pull the trigger on the downpayment now.
  • Options
    I would love to say yes but I have to say no and ONLY because I honestly don't think I can ever leave N with MH overnight until N is self sufficient.  MH has a serious problem waking up.  It's next to impossible to wake him and he would never hear N.  He would be totally fine otherwise taking care of him for a week, but I wouldn't be able to leave him because of the night time thing.
  • Options

imageJuneBugsMommy:
    You should totally go! It's not like you're leaving LO with a babysitter, he'll be with daddy!

This exactly.  If I left DD with DH, I wouldn't worry about a thing.  Those two are peas in a pod when I'm not around!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    right now it's a hell no. In almost a year, I don't really know. A week seems so long. I think 5 days might be tops for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"