June 2011 Moms
Options

Holy drama, batman! (on 9-12)

The 9-12 board has been slow since people migrated to 12-24. Apparently it's alive with drama. I can't make links, so check out the hot topics near the top if you have time to waste.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)

Re: Holy drama, batman! (on 9-12)

• Options

Clicky: I think this is the one you are talking about YIKES!

ETA: and the original is here.

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member

I can't believe people are seriously offended by her siggy.

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda funny?! She obviously wasn't letting her kid drink the alcohol!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecvl105:

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda funny?! She obviously wasn't letting her kid drink the alcohol!

If you look at the original post (which I added to my response above) the responses she got were all in good fun, but she took it the wrong way. I think it's kind of funny, (a little tasteless though) but if she was actually giving her kid alcohol I doubt she'd be taking pictures and posting them . . . right?

• Options
    I'm not offended by it. I think the reactions she got are rather funny. Anyhow, it wouldn't be the bump without the controversy...

• Options
    imagecvl105:

While I don't find her siggy offensive, I do find it in incredibly poor taste.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't find it offensive at all - it's funny!  We have pictures of Ty grabbing DHs beer, sucking on the bottom of a beer bottle, etc. That being said, I'm actually afraid to post them because I don't want to offend anyone in real life and deal with it.  

And, another note - we specifically got Miller Light plastic bottles a few months ago so we could wash them out and give one to him.  One of his favorite toys! 

• Options
    vigurlvigurl member

I do not think her siggy is funny at all and I am CONVINCED she is a troll anyway.

ETA: Nevermind, she has 5k posts... I guess not.

• Options
    imagecvl105:

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda funny?!

I thought it was kind of funny even if it's nms.  I didn't take it that seriously.  However, instead of getting so defensive and threatening harrassment complaints, she should have just put her BGPs on and taken it with a grain of salt.  It was only a bigger deal because of how she reacted.

• Options
    I think her siggy is funny and I think the responses to the post were funny.
  • Options
    imagekimbo1216:
    imagecvl105:

I thought it was kind of funny even if it's nms.  I didn't take it that seriously.  However, instead of getting so defensive and threatening harrassment complaints, she should have just put her BGPs on and taken it with a grain of salt.  It was only a bigger deal because of how she reacted.

Well said!

• Options
    imagekellymacc:
    imagekimbo1216:
    imagecvl105:

Well said!

I agree! I love the big girl panties comment. You do need those to bump...that and a tough skin. 

• Options

I cant see the pics becuase my work computer blocks them. I will go check them on my phone on my break. But the 2 threads are pretty funny if you ask me. Good entertainment.

Also, for what its worth, my dad used to always leave his empty beer cans laying around the house when I was a toddler and I used to drink the ends of them.. :-/

Come to think of it, maybe that is why I love beer so much! hahahahah :)

ETA - I dont think a baby drinking the ends of beer ok....

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    imagecvl105:

Yes 

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

The siggy is kind of funny... though I wouldn't have posted it on a message board.

The one liners she's throwing out are classic bump-isms and between that and the siggy  I honestly think she is trying to get people riled up. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm not offended by it but I don't really find it funny either. NMS I guess. It just seems like she went out of the way to take the pic with so many empty bottles...I could see one bottle but she has quite a few.
  • Options
    The way people were responding to her, I figured she was a known troll. Shrug. Her siggy is fine. I don't think it's as funny as she thinks it is. But offensive? C'mon.
  • Options

I don't think her siggy is any different than the photo someone posted the other day of their child with a banana in their mouth.  I personally have no problem with either photo but I also don't think it's over the top hilarious.  I don't think the initial responses to her were really warranted, and I don't think they were in good fun.  It's all in the eyes of the beholder though.  Not one of them were actually answering her question.

I can totally get why she got so upset about their responses, because some of the responses were bashing her and her photo.  My sister had a photo of my nephew when he was younger with this hat on (don't know how to explain it) holding an empty beer bottle, it was all in good fun.  I think everyone needed to focus on her question rather than her siggy photo.  Oh and they started bashing her kids clothing, seriously!

ETA: I don't think she was a troll with that sort of question count, but I also think that she should realize that people would have opposing opinions on her siggy and should have just left it at "The photo really is in good fun, I assure you no babies were harmed in the making of this photo, and I do apologize if it offends anyone, that was not my intentions".  I think that would have went over more smoothly, but I still think a lot of the ladies were being rude as well.

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I read those last night, while this board was slow (c'mon ladies! ;) ) and thought the attacking of the OP was just dumb. She asked a legit question, IMO, and no one could answer her seriously. I don't venture to that board often and feel like the girls that were attacking her siggy probably do that a lot to a lot of the newbs. To me it seemed like that was their home board so they're probably all buddy buddy.

On the subject of the siggy... I personally wouldn't do that but i've known of CPS getting involved for something much less controversial than that. So, while I think it's kinda funny, I would never have put it as my siggy on a public forum. And hopefully those girls never come across the picture crysawhit posted the other day lol!
  • Options

imageJuneBugsMommy:
    I read those last night, while this board was slow (c'mon ladies! ;) ) and thought the attacking of the OP was just dumb. She asked a legit question, IMO, and no one could answer her seriously. I don't venture to that board often and feel like the girls that were attacking her siggy probably do that a lot to a lot of the newbs. To me it seemed like that was their home board so they're probably all buddy buddy.

On the subject of the siggy... I personally wouldn't do that but i've known of CPS getting involved for something much less controversial than that. So, while I think it's kinda funny, I would never have put it as my siggy on a public forum. And hopefully those girls never come across the picture crysawhit posted the other day lol!

You said it perfectly, everything you posted here is so perfect.  I also saw it last night and wanted to tell them to just leave it be, but I didn't want to get chewed out.  LOL.

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

imageJuneBugsMommy:

Yes

It seems to me like they ganged up on her. The copycat mentality gets old.

• Options

I mostly lurk here, but I wanted to throw my 2 pennies in...b/c  ding ding ding! We have a winner- 

imageMommaG123:

The one liners she's throwing out are classic bump-isms and between that and the siggy  I honestly think she is trying to get people riled up. 

Stacy&Jason in an old school ML'er...I remember her from when I used to hang there back in the days when I was still in uni/no kids, so like 2003-2006ish...

That whole thing was classic ML pot-stirring.  I sort of love it ;-)  Not enough to be involved these days, but yeah.  It is funny to see people get all worked up into a self righteous lather and stoop to fellow mom-bashing.  Ah, thebump.  I so rarely visit anywhere but this board on here that it's easy to forget how sanctimonious folks can be, lol.   Fwiw, I thought a lot of the replies were perfectly snarky w/o crossing over into just plain b!tchy...the ones insinuating that she was harming her baby were pretty silly though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMama Esq:

I mostly lurk here, but I wanted to throw my 2 pennies in...b/c  ding ding ding! We have a winner- 

imageMommaG123:

Stacy&Jason in an old school ML'er...I remember her from when I used to hang there back in the days when I was still in uni/no kids, so like 2003-2006ish...

That whole thing was classic ML pot-stirring.  I sort of love it ;-)  Not enough to be involved these days, but yeah.  It is funny to see people get all worked up into a self righteous lather and stoop to fellow mom-bashing.  Ah, thebump.  I so rarely visit anywhere but this board on here that it's easy to forget how sanctimonious folks can be, lol.   Fwiw, I thought a lot of the replies were perfectly snarky w/o crossing over into just plain b!tchy...the ones insinuating that she was harming her baby were pretty silly though.

What does ML mean?

• Options

Oh, sorry..it's Married Life, over on the Nest. 

imageMrsPBNJ0220:
    imageMama Esq:

imageMommaG123:

What does ML mean?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    11kacey11kacey member

I really think the picture is just tacky and crosses a line. It's one thing if your baby gets a hold of an empty (or maybe not empty) beer bottle b/c they are freaking fast and it was a one time thing. Molly climbed up her Hippo chair and grabbed my lap top. It happened in a few seconds and I could see if she picked up her daddy's empty beer bottle when he thought he cleverly 'hid' it from her. And maybe in that instance, if I knew she was safe and there wasn't any alcohol in it, I might snap a pic (if I had my camera on me), but setting up multiple pictures with ALL of those bottles is just trashy. I'm pretty sure the person who duct taped their kid to the wall thought it was funny too until someone reported them. :(

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"