June 2011 Moms
Options

Milk and the playtex straw sippy

Anyone else having issues with the playtex straw cup and milk?  Water in it works just fine, so does juice but when I put milk in it it constantly leaks.  It just pulls the milk up through the straw no matter what I do.  Not sure if it's the thicker consistency or what.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk and the playtex straw sippy

• Options

YES.  I was ready to throw the darn things out the window.  Not only was it squirting out and leaking, but DD has a lot of trouble getting the milk up.  I decided to try the take & toss straw cups.  They don't have a valve, and I thought that was making it hard for DD to drink milk/having the milk squirt out.  Plus they are cheap enough that if they didn't work, who care?  We LOVE them.  She still drinks water from her playtex if we're out and about but for the most part at home we use the take & toss, especially for milk.  She does really well with milk from these cups.

Be careful, though, don't put the lid on with the straw in....you'll get a milk bath.  Put the lid on then stick the straw in. :) 

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I posted this a couple months back and people acted like I was crazy.  Mine does this too and it's so annoying!  DS currently hates the straw sippy now so its not an issue anymore but while we were using it I hated it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member

imagebluejill15:
    Yes, I posted this a couple months back and people acted like I was crazy.  Mine does this too and it's so annoying!  DS currently hates the straw sippy now so its not an issue anymore but while we were using it I hated it. 

Haha it's funny because I remember reading that post and thinking you just got a faulty cup or something since all we had used in ours at that point was water.  My apologies :-p 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When they fall over ours leaks water and milk out the straw... but I do think the milk leaks more (greater volume).

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Gah! We just bought a pair of these and I was really liking them for water...
  • Options
    imagepmpkn219:
    Gah, same here! I was going to use them for milk at daycare starting tomorrow. Is this the ones with the handles, or without, or both leak??? What disposable straw cups is everyone using? Are they soft straws? Ds still has bad aim...
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options
    I used it as a trainer to teach him the straw at six months, we only use it for water as yes it does leak!

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Check and make sure the straw is pushed all the way up.  Mine wasn't and I had some trouble with water.  We've never really used it for milk.
  • Options

imageDreamChaser246:
    imagepmpkn219:
    Gah, same here! I was going to use them for milk at daycare starting tomorrow. Is this the ones with the handles, or without, or both leak??? What disposable straw cups is everyone using? Are they soft straws? Ds still has bad aim...

I had the one with handles and it leaked milk.  As far as the disposable straw cups, we use these with zero issues besides the milk squirting up with you put the lid on but simple solution - lid first then insert straw.

The are surprisingly spill proof.  DD tosses them all around, bangs them on the table, and only a few drops of milk come out.  The straws are harder than playtex, but DD hasn't seemed to care at all about that.   I just tried them because it was only $4 for 5 cups so if they didn't work I wasn't out a ton of money.

By the way, I wash mine and reuse them. There's no way I could just toss these out after a single use!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"