September 2012 Moms
Options

2 vessel cord

I just called to follow up about my a/s I had friday, and the doctors office said that I will need to get a level 2 ultraosund at maternal fetel medicine because the umbilical cord has 2 vessels instead of 3, and I am wondering if anyone has experience with this and can help me stop worrying.  She said I shouldn't worry and that they do see this, but I can not help it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 vessel cord

• Options

There are a few of us here who have the same thing. For me, the doc wasn't concerned because the rest of the anatomy looks great and my screening risk was quite low. Baby is also in the 88th percentile, so growth is good. They will do additional u/s throughout the pregnancy and potentially NSTs to make sure that baby continues to grow on track.

From what I've read, this happens in about 1% of pregnancies and of the people who have it, the babies are born healthy and without issue 75% of the time. I'm having a fetal echo at 24wks. I would have had this anyway, but now I'm extra glad as 2VCs can be associated with heart and kidney issues. The odds are in your favor, but it's great that you'll have the level 2 u/s so you can see for sure that the baby looks healthy.

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not personally, but I know someone who has. They monitored her baby's growth and induced her a little early so that he would not get too big. She and baby were both perfectly healthy all through pregnancy and after delivery. FX you get some good, reassuring news at your next appointment!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if they aren't worried then I wouldn't be.  2 is still better than only 1. I think some of the issues with only 2 vessels are low birth weight or a failure to gain weight after a certain point.  make sure you take your prenatals and are eating nice and healthy, shouldn't be anything to worry about

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    ok thank you everyone...I feel a little better :)  I do take my prenatals everyday and keep healthy.  I worry about everything, and hearing that made it worse.  and then reading about it online didn't help too much. Hopefully I can get that ultraosund soon and everything is fine, adn I hope my dr's appt goes well tomm as well
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I have a friend that had the same issue with her pregnancy and both her and her ds were fine. They just monitored to be sure he was gaining a proper amount of weight and she didn't need an induction or anything. He is going to be one in June and he is perfectly healthy!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagebritt1141:
    Just wanted to say I have a friend that had the same issue with her pregnancy and both her and her ds were fine. They just monitored to be sure he was gaining a proper amount of weight and she didn't need an induction or anything. He is going to be one in June and he is perfectly healthy!!

thank you so much so telling me that..makes me feel better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"