September 2012 Moms
Options

S/O Tuna...

I wasn't going to post this, because I didnt wanna sound like such a noob, but I saw someone else post something re: tuna in mchupie's "list" yesterday....

Ok, so about tuna, I normally don't eat alot of it anyway, but last night I made a huge batch of cold tuna noodle cassarole. (1 box small shells, 2 cans light tuna and peas mixed w/ salt pepper and miracle whip).

My question is can I have tuna 2 days in a row? I'm sure there's like maybe 3 oz in a helping of the dish...instead of 2 smaller cans, I just used one large can.

TIA, and seriously, I'm not trying to be a horrible worry wart of a FTM! :o)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: S/O Tuna...

• Options
    skyejoskyejo member

The main issue I see is that you used Miracle Whip instead of Hellman's ;) I have an obsession with real mayo lol.

I wouldn't have it multiple times a week the entire pregnancy, but I don't think having it twice in a row every once in a while is the worst thing.

• Options
    imageskyejo:

The main issue I see is that you used Miracle Whip instead of Hellman's ;) I have an obsession with real mayo lol.

I wouldn't have it multiple times a week the entire pregnancy, but I don't think having it twice in a row every once in a while is the worst thing.

Haha I agree with skyejo Yes 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto Skye.  It's not an overwhelming amount and you're not doing it every week. Enjoy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There's a lot of worst thngs to eat out there than 2 days of tuna. Enjoy :)
    8/27/10 MC at 14 wks ~ 5/22/11 David was Stillborn at 23 wks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am a Tuna snob and dont eat canned Tuna!  Only  grilled tuna.. and I have had that a few times a week this past month! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member

Biggest issue: using mayo or faux mayo PERIOD. I hate mayo so I go with things like olive oil or ricotta. :)

Seriously though, I've been eating probably about a can/week. I stick with chunk light which is supposed to have the lowest mercury content.

Google told me: 6-12 oz/week. So it seems like you're fine. 

• Options
    My doc said no more than 12 oz of tuna a week and the big cans only have 7 oz in them I think so your ok.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"