September 2012 Moms
Options

should have worn better shoes...

Registering is exhausting!! DH and I just got home from BRU and I am beat.  I was worried when we first started because DH was getting impatient with me trying to make decisions on a few items that I had researched, but when he saw that he almost made cry because he was taking the fun out of it, he perked up real fast and was even scanning some cute stuf that he said "she needed" :)  All in all it was good, but man I am TIRED!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: should have worn better shoes...

• Options
    We did part of our registry the other day and I think DH was getting bored. He just wanted to pick an item, scan it, and move on, while I wanted to browse a little and look at my options. We ended up cutting it short because we were running out of time and had plans, but he's promised me that we'll go back soon. Did you feel like the little suggestions booklet they gave you was helpful? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH will not be accompanying me when I go to the store to register lol...I would get 5 things on the registry and he would be done....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It IS exhausting registering. FWIW I took DH for one trip to BRU to see what he liked and then completed my registering with a good friend with a 1 year old. She was very insightful and helped me fill in the blanks. She also didn't get bored when I wanted to check out a couple different car seats/strollers etc. before choosing one. I highly recommend a trip sans husband for registering too.
  • Options

imageblindvictory:
    We did part of our registry the other day and I think DH was getting bored. He just wanted to pick an item, scan it, and move on, while I wanted to browse a little and look at my options. We ended up cutting it short because we were running out of time and had plans, but he's promised me that we'll go back soon. Did you feel like the little suggestions booklet they gave you was helpful? 

Not really because I went in with a major list that I created based off of Lucieslist.com and some other research that I did, but I may end up using that to finsh my other registry at walmart to make sure I don't forget anything. I do not plan on actually going into walmart, I am doing that one online only. One of my showers is in a small town and that Is the only store they have so I sort of had to lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

LOL...this was me on Saturday!!!  I wasn't expecting to go to BRU, but I happened into one while I was out.  I was wearing my Kinos and boy were my feet aching by the time I was done.  And, I was exhausted.  I definitely recommend going without your husband.   I went alone and while I was a little overwhelmed, I was able to wander back and forth between aisles without having to worry about irritating DH. 

I did find the little book helpful.  It reminded me to register for things I wouldn't have thought of, like washcloths and pacifiers.   I also had no idea you got a little goody bag for registering.  LOTS of coupons and a couple of magazines.  

• Options
    DH is not coming for this very reason. He will absolutely ruin a theoretically fun activity. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Options
    DH didn't go with me either... I took my mom with me while she was in town for a visit.  DH was quite grateful... though at some point I probably need to make him sit down and see what "we" registered for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"