Military Families
Options

hi

I am three months pregnant. My husband works out of Norfolk with the Military Sealift Command. He helps out the navy and works on the navy ship.  He is leaving to go to the Middle east in (edited for OPSEC) and he is not coming back (edited for OPSEC)  I am feeling a little over whelmed to say the least.  This is our first baby.  I am not sure how much things we should try to get done before he leaves so he is involved or if anyone else has been in this situation? How did you keep your husband involved?

Re: hi

• Options
    You could keep him safe by not violating OPSEC. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options

Keep in mind not posting troop locations or time tables.

Anyways as far as what to do before he leaves try to have all your ducks in a row so to speak. Have your power of attorney that will allow you to take care of finance, adding your child to DEERS once they are born, ensure your own ID card is up to date. Find out what services are available to you while he is gone (deployed family dinners, free child care, etc). Ensure you have a way to contact his command if needed.

I know I just listed all the business things, but that ties into staying in touch. I find when I can take care of all of the things back home it ensures that our phone calls and Skype time don't get caught up in business things and we can talk about our DD, fun stuff, etc. Take lots of pictures, email, plan something fun for when he gets home to look forward to. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"