September 2012 Moms
Options

maternity clothes

So this might be for second time moms... but I am truly concerned that I might not have anything to wear by third tri.  I was a bit overweight pre-pregnancy (around 12-14) but am short and very small busted.  I have tried on everything I can in Old Navy maternity, motherhood and kohls and things are already too tight on my bump or fit awkardly in the breast area.  Can anyone recommended other websites or places that I might find clothing? 
Employed by the Toddler Tyrant named G!

Re: maternity clothes

• Options
    Target online has a great selection.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options

Maybe try regular dresses/tops and only use maternity clothes for pants? 

I wore Hollister shirts -- L and XL -- throughout my pregnancy because they are so long and stretchy (I have one on right now).  I bought maxi and sundresses at TJ Maxx and Ross and never had issues.

The only other maternity lines you didn't mention was Gap and Target, both of which might work well for you.

BTW, things are usually tight on the bump so you can show it off. It shouldn't be uncomfortable, but they are usually clingy. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Old Navy Maternity does not fit me right either. Ive had luck with Everly Grey and Gap
  • Options
    imagemrs.kapow:

This.  I buy my shirts extra long anyway because I have a long torso.  And, any dresses that are now too short, due to my bump, are now shirts.  I bought three pairs of maternity pants... 2 work and one pair of jeans.  That's it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageStacieP76:
    I'm a little concerned too. I was a 6/8 pre-pregnancy, and have already had to go to a large in most maternity clothes. Alot of the dresses and shirts it is because of the boobs. I'm afraid I'll have to just drape myself in a sheet by September!

Invest in a black and white cami -- I like the BE Maternity ones from Target. I just layer those and wear the right sizes for everything else. I was about the same size and can't get used to these boobs, so I just cover the cleavage. 

• Options
    JessrofJessrof member
    imagemrs.kapow:

I wore Hollister shirts -- L and XL -- throughout my pregnancy because they are so long and stretchy (I have one on right now).  I bought maxi and sundresses at TJ Maxx and Ross and never had issues.

The only other maternity lines you didn't mention was Gap and Target, both of which might work well for you.

BTW, things are usually tight on the bump so you can show it off. It shouldn't be uncomfortable, but they are usually clingy. 

I have some clingy shirts and they are ok... but I was looking at an all cotton maternity dress that I couldn't even get over my bump to cover it.  I had to have emergency help from my hubby in the dressing room haha

• Options
    JessrofJessrof member

imageSage4200:
    Old Navy Maternity does not fit me right either. Ive had luck with Everly Grey and Gap

Just looked at Everly Grey and it might be my new fav place to shop!  Thanks so much!

• Options
    With DD, I wore a lot of DH's clothes in my 3rd trimester.
  • Options
    imageJessrof:

I have some clingy shirts and they are ok... but I was looking at an all cotton maternity dress that I couldn't even get over my bump to cover it.  I had to have emergency help from my hubby in the dressing room haha

All cotton = no stretch = dumb makers of maternity clothes, IMO.  I only have a couple of straight cotton pieces and they're usually tops.  

• Options

I'm a small plus size girl too. I fit into reg XL maternity tops or 1X tops. Have you tried plus size tops (1X, 2X & 3X). I can't go bigger than a 1X because they get super huge in the bust area.

Also, I think with us bigger girls are not used to wearing snug clothes on our stomach area. But I have recently, like in the past week, started to embrace the bump!! I went and bought some maternity tops in XL and they are snug but not uncomfortable in the stomach and I actually feel very good in them. And strangers are actually starting to notice I'm pregnant. I got lots of "Happy soon-to-be Mothers Day!" haha

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"