Trouble TTC
Options

reintro & question

I intro'd a couple of weeks ago but haven't been that active on this board (I'm usually on the TTCAL) my DH & I have been ttc for 5 years. I'm currently in my 2nd round of colmid. everything I've seen online says you are supposed to take it 6 months max. I took it last year & got a BFP on my 6th dose in november. my OBGYN represcribed it after my m/c. now I'm starting to get nervous b/c of the adverse reactions of it. one of them is posterior vetrous degeneration which I was diagnosed with in February. this is my 4th dose of it this round & I have already taken 2 days of the 5. is it ok to stop now or do I need to finish this dose & not take it next month? I'm going to call my dr first thing in the AM but I was wondering what everyone's opinion was here. thanks!
TTC since 4/28/07
Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

Re: reintro & question

• Options

I don't know the right answer but I'd probably just finish out the round because I don't think three more pills should really make a difference.

That being said, I would look for a Reproductive Endocrinologist moving forward so that you can be properly monitored.  Good luck.

• Options
    EKGibsEKGibs member
    imagenotquiteblushing:

I don't know the right answer but I'd probably just finish out the round because I don't think three more pills should really make a difference.

That being said, I would look for a Reproductive Endocrinologist moving forward so that you can be properly monitored.  Good luck.

thats what I was kind of thinking but I wanted another opinion. thanks!

TTC since 4/28/07
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenotquiteblushing:

This is exactly what I was thinking.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    get to a RE asap 

• Options

I recognize you from TTCAL, sorry to see you here too.

TBH, your OB sounds a bit irresponsible.  My RE said multiple rounds of clomid can be ok if there's several 'break cycles' in between cycles on, but typically you begin to see decreased effectiveness after 4 cycles or so.  Given that you've been Dx with a condition associated with use of clomid (a serious one to boot), your OB should not have been giving you more clomid.

Definitely find a RE.  Good luck to you! 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    EKGibsEKGibs member
    thanks ladies! Does insurance typically cover a RE? I'm in school & unless we can sell our house ASAP (its only been on the market a week) we cant really afford any out of pocket expenses. I only have a year left of school so if not we can wait it out & maybe get pg without any help (fingers crossed). I'm thinking it was the endo preventing me to get pg before b/c I had 2 golfball size cysts on each ovary. I really like my OBGYN b/c she figured out the endo second visit when my previous dr let it go for 3 years telling me everything was "normal" but she does not specialize in infertility. thanks again!
    TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options

I told you this on TTCAL, but the six cycle cap on Clomid is usually a LIFETIME cap. As in, your OB should not have put you back on it at all since you've now been on it for almost 8 cycles and you aren't being properly monitored - he is being irresponsible with your care. For reference, my RE and many others both say no more than three cycles of Clomid, ever, and they don't even let you get to six, let alone EIGHT. You should be moving to other meds and more responsible caregivers at this point.

Sometimes RE's are covered by insurance, sometimes they aren't. You'll have to call and ask what your specific coverage is.

My $0.02 is that you really need to stop taking the clomid now and wait til you can see an RE who will both monitor you properly and knowledgeably prescribe meds instead of just handing you clomid and hoping for the best. If that's not in the cards for you - you need to put your foot down with your OB - no more clomid. New treatment plan.

GL.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"