April 2012 Moms
Options

80 degrees, dress newborn baby how?

I'm thinking a short sleeved top/stretchy pants? If she gets hot, i'll obviously take the pants off... but she'll be inside/in the shade outside.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac

Re: 80 degrees, dress newborn baby how?

• Options
    I would just do a onesie and have a receiving blanket to cover her with if you go into a/c.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is what we do-

With blanket: onesie alone

Without blanket: short sleeves, pants, and socks  

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejkfranklin:
    I would just do a onesie and have a receiving blanket to cover her with if you go into a/c.

This is what I do, too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I prefer the little short rompers to onsesies, so that's probably what I'd put DD in and take a blanket (it's basically the same as a onesie though). I'd take a blanket for in/out because taking pants off and on if she was getting hot would be a pain. DD is usually pretty hot though.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    Our pediatrician basically told us - once baby regains his birth weight and is gaining weight successfully, you can now start dressing him as you would dress yourself. If you are wearing one thin layer of clothes in 80 degree weather, don't put more than 1 layer on him, etc. We've been doing this for the last few days and it's helped tremendously with his overheating and heat rash. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LesleyTLesleyT member
    I'm in 90-100 degree temps- and I've been keeping LO in onesies plus I have 1-2 Aiden & Anais swaddle blankets around at all times- they're nice and light yet warm when need be. I double up with a 2nd when AC is blowing of we are out somewhere or I can use it to block any sun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"