September 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone with friable cervix?

2 weeks ago I had bright red spotting out of nowwhere. When I went to my OB, all was fine with baby and they said I was bleeding from a blood vessel on the surface on the cervix (and had a friable cervix).

Haven't had any more bleeding, but today after a bowel movement it started again. RN at OB office said it's probably the same thing. Would you go in? the bleeding just makes me nervous since I've had 2 m/c's. 

Anyone else have this? And WWYD? TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with friable cervix?

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

I had it with DS #1 - I would bleed after sex, a bowel movement or an orgasm.  Anything that puts pressure or strain or hits the cervix can break the blood vessels on the cervix.  

It's harmless and as long as it stops and you don't see clots, you're probably fine.  If it makes you feel better going in to be seen, then do so.  

Just know, any internal exams will cause bleeding as well.  

My doctor called it a sensitive cervix because it was super sensitive.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageManx4:

It's harmless and as long as it stops and you don't see clots, you're probably fine.  If it makes you feel better going in to be seen, then do so.  

Just know, any internal exams will cause bleeding as well.  

Thanks! I know about the internal exam-and that was no fun the last time this happened. I did have some small clots when it first started. I'm not bleeding anymore however. Ugh hate this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had this with my DS.  It eventually went away or healed after about 24 weeks.  I had 7 weeks of solid bleeding or spotting from week 10-17.  I figured out that it was pressure from my bladder during the nights that would cause the bleeding.  If I set my alarm to wake up and pee every 2 hours, then it went away.  

Good luck.  As pp said it isn't anything to worry about as long as the bleeding isn't too heavy & stops eventually.  If you are concerned over a particular incident though, it never hurts to at least call the OB for advice.  Also, pelvic rest is a must, but I am sure your OB already told you that.

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

I had a friable cervix this pregnancy from about week 8 till 13. That being said my ob checked my cervix when the bleeding started and when it continued sent me got an ultrasound. I did bleed off and on for those 5 weeks. They also had me call every few days to report on my bleeding. I would call just so you will feel better. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"