Military Families

Advise please

Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me out. I am freaking out here, my hubby and I have been tryin for a year and a half I got a pos test yesterday and in disbelief I tested again with first reponse and it was pos as well.today I did first reponse and clear blue digital and all pos. 5 tests total. So I made an appt to get a blood test and it came out neg... Dr called and said most likely I am pregnant but hormones aren't high enough for the test to detect?! How can this happen? Has this ever happened to anyone before?? I am so excited that I got pos test results but really nervous about that neg blood test... Dr said to wait another two weeks and test again... Advise?? Thanks so much
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Advise please

• I guess my advice would be to listen to your doctor and wait another week to test with a home pregnancy test again. 

Your situation hasn't happened to me so I'm not sure I'm much of a help. However, when I did get my positive test at home, I didn't see my doctor for another 3 weeks and they didn't give me a blood test. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree.  Listen to your doctor.  Some times, the hormone levels are much higher in your urine than in your blood.  Give it a week or two and take the test again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess is that they did a qualitative test, meaning yes or no. The sensitivity is much different that HPTs. Your beta typically needs to be at least 50 to register. Had they don't a quantitative test and it was negative, then you'd have something to be concerned about. 

With DS, I had just had a m/c a few weeks earlier. I was panicked. I went and did the urine test, and it was negative. I freaked out. The OB nurse agreed to run a beta. It was 42 at 13 DPO. They were not satisfied. 16 DPO, it was 248. Once again, they were concerned. 20 DPO, it was 1665, and they were certain my numbers were too low, even though they were doubling appropriately. DS is six. 

With dd, they also did a blood test, but it was a yes/no test. The OB had to change the order for a quantitative test because a qualitative is the standard. If you are concerned, ask for a beta hcg.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for responses!! I took another at home today and it was BFP :) do I guess I'll just wait and see what the doc says again at the end of next week! Lisa sorry about your mc:( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • with this pregnancy I did a few home tests all positive. Here at this lab you bring in first morning urine- Call the next day and they said inconclusive. I went in that day and had blood work done- didn't want to wait 2 more weeks for another pee test. The nurse called me later that day confirming pregnancy which I was relieved since it was a friday. I was very early at the time, a little over 3 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"