Yay nay? Thoughts on middle names?

DD1 is Madison Renee. 

Contenders so far:

Charlotte, Norah, Annalise, Rebecca, and Amelie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And to be a post hoor... Throwing around some baby girl names:

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Rebecca was our top pick for a long time. We liked Rebecca Hadley.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

Family names is a toughie: everyone on DH side is an xyz Rose, on my side its Marie.

DH asked me yesterday if I had started thinking names for our 2nd little girl and so all day at work I was over analyzing patient's names. 

Gah names were no issue the first time!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Charlotte and Norah are popular, but my favorite. The others are fine, just NMS. What about Brooke or Grace? My MN is Brooke and I love it. :)
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLilLee11:
    Charlotte and Norah are popular, but my favorite. The others are fine, just NMS. What about Brooke or Grace? My MN is Brooke and I love it. :)
    or Lynn or Paige?
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like them all except Norah.  Just nms, although many people think it is a pretty name.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options
    imageyogitea01:

Love Charlotte (mn Rae? I don't know why..that just popped into my head)

Charlotte Rae is the actress who played Mrs. Garrett on the Facts of Life. That's probably why it popped into your head!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    I think they're all pretty.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMainelyFoolish:
    imageyogitea01:

Love Charlotte (mn Rae? I don't know why..that just popped into my head)

Charlotte Rae is the actress who played Mrs. Garrett on the Facts of Life. That's probably why it popped into your head!

That's right! I also like Rae (but that's my middle name). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member

If you go with Charlotte, then you can go for a city names theme with your kids. (not making fun of Madison or Charlotte, by the way--I think they're both great names, I just saw the connection when I put them together! ;)

I love Norah, too!  

• Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    I like them all! But I agree with pp Charlotte and Norah are super popular. Rebecca and Amelie are gorgeous, IMO.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member
  • Options
    UnemUnem member

I like Charlotte, Norah and Amelie.

ETA: Misread the post, didn't realize you were looking for a mn.  I think Rae is really pretty for a middle name. My MN is Antoinette, so I'm partial towards that 

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

They're all nice names. My favorite is Nora, followed by Amelie.

Charlotte is pretty and I really like the nickname Lottie, but it's getting a little too popular for me, personally.

Rebecca is pretty and classic. I don't have anything negative to say about it other than I just like some of your other choices better.

I used to like Annalise until someone pointed out on the baby names board once that it reminded them of "anal ease." Now I can't get that out of my head...

• Options

imagehmp&mrj:
    Rebecca was our top pick for a long time. We liked Rebecca Hadley.

I love the name Hadley. (so does our 3yr old DD). I can't get DH to come around to it. Also, I think it's a street around the corner from where I grew up, so I think that adds to the familiarity.

• Options
    I like Charlotte and Amelie, but since Charlotte rhymes with harlot, I'd go with Amelie.  Every name I think of for my LO I think, how will kids make fun of the name...For a middle name I like Rosemarie that way you have both family names and its different from Rosemary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"