September 2012 Moms
Options

What happened to "If you can't say something nice?"

I go to get lunch in my building, but I'm nauseated and having a hot flash.  I decided to get a slice of pound cake from Starbucks because I don't think I can stomach any real food.  I go to pay the cashier and he doesn't have change.  He asks if I have a card, but I didn't. So has to go in the back to get change. While we are waiting, the guy behind me in line, very loudly starts going into a long, drawn out diatribe about how petty cash is useless now, etc., etc. and no one uses cash--basically condemning me for using cash and not a bank card. I don't even remember everything he said but it was very rude and it made me feel like a fool. 

And I mean, seriously? Whose business is it if I use cash instead of a card?  Why the need to comment?  Truth be told, I left my wallet at home today, but I was not going to tell him that.  The fact of the matter is that it is none of his darn business and if he is disgruntled at anyone because he had to wait an additional 30 seconds then it should be Starbucks for not keeping any money in their register.  I wish I could have come up with a swift comeback, but I was just trying to get out of there without throwing up.   Vent over.

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: What happened to "If you can't say something nice?"

• Options

It stinks that people are so rude.  You have no reason to feel a fool.  And you're right, Starbucks should have cash on them.  Next time you should just throw up on the guy. Wink

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I would have said something really rude to that guy.  It usually takes a lot to set off my temper, but my hormones have given me a really short fuse lately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is so irritating!  I hope his card got declined. 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    I hate people that act like the world revolves around them! Guy sounds like a total tool!

Cooper Edward

• Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member
    What an @ss! That would have pissed me off so much and I totally would have spent the entire wait for change thinking up a snarky comment to him. 
  • Options
    Of all the things someone can complain about..... What a jerk!!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    That's rediculous. He should just get over it..cash is still an excepted form of payment so he should be mad that Starbucks didn't stock their register not that you wanted to pay in cash.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I wish I could have thought of some snarky response. I suppose there are alot of people in this world who have opinions and feel the need to share them, but I've never had anyone go off on me because they were anti-cash! 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options

imageBlueIris82:
    I'm pretty sure I would have said something really rude to that guy.  It usually takes a lot to set off my temper, but my hormones have given me a really short fuse lately.

Exactly this. I'm kinda John Wayne-ish lately so that d-bag would have gotten put in his place, especially for whining about something so stupid. 

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Options

Yeah - I probably would've snapped back at him. "If you have an issue with me using cash, then why don't you use your precious plastic card and pay for my food?"

I very much dislike people like that. Ugh.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"