Trouble TTC
Options

Flame-Free Confession Tuesday (aka I'm an idiot)

So I bought a seven-pack of pregnancy tests on Amazon awhile ago.  When I used the first one to test out my trigger, it didn't work...no control line (almost like the pink dye got "stuck" before the place the lines were supposed to show up) so I already have it in my head that these cheapies suck.

Anyway, I tested this morning, (12dpt so 10? dpo) and got no dye at all...no control line or anything.  I didn't give it very much time, because I am feeling sick today (real sick not "omg i might be KU" sick) and I had no patience and was kicking myself for buying these stupid tests so I tossed it in the trash.

Fast fwd to a few hours later where I (STUPIDLY) decide to fish the test out of the garbage.  There now IS a control line, and, next to it, a faint (but not almost-invisible) extra line. 

Why the f- did I look at it now???  Why DIDNT I look at it after 2-3 minutes????  I know in my head that there is a 99.99% possibility that it's just an evap line.  And in my heart I really don't think I'm pregnant, but, but, but...

So now I'm home, feeling crappy, trying my best NOT to watch the TLC baby shows that I just tivo-ed, and wondering wtf the second line meant.

Please confess something equally ridiculous so I don't feel so dumb.  :) 

PCOS 
Off bcp March 2011 
Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)

Re: Flame-Free Confession Tuesday (aka I'm an idiot)

• Options
    If this cycle doesn't work I think I want to take the next cycle off so that I can drink at my ten year college reunion but I'm going to tell my H that it's because I need a med break.  Zip it!
  • Options

I'm typically a lurker here, but trying to break out of my shell a little. 

I typically get 5 days of spotting before AF shows, even on Prometrium.  Since its cycle #14 and I don't seem to be getting anywhere, I thought I'd give myself a little med break.  So of course I have no spotting, and AF is due in three days.  I can already see myself interpreting every little thing as possible symptoms.  I'm trying not to use the due date calculator.  

TTC #1 since March 2011 dx: annovulation/unexplained Jan 2011: Hysterosonogram clear Nov 2011: HSG Clear, SA normal 3 failed rounds Clomid 2 failed rounds Femara BFP: 7-3-12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rjade9rjade9 member

I have no hpt's in the house so I peed on an opk bwaha I'm an idiot!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepsych05:

I'm typically a lurker here, but trying to break out of my shell a little. 

I typically get 5 days of spotting before AF shows, even on Prometrium.  Since its cycle #14 and I don't seem to be getting anywhere, I thought I'd give myself a little med break.  So of course I have no spotting, and AF is due in three days.  I can already see myself interpreting every little thing as possible symptoms.  I'm trying not to use the due date calculator.  

That could be a good sign, good luck!

• Options

imagenotquiteblushing:
    If this cycle doesn't work I think I want to take the next cycle off so that I can drink at my ten year college reunion but I'm going to tell my H that it's because I need a med break.  Zip it!

Yes

We are the same age - I also have my ten reunion next month!

As soon as we found out we had MFI and would most likely only get pregnant through IVF back in March - one of my first thoughts was "Well, at least I may make and enjoy my Alumni Weekend after all!"

Is your college local? I ask b/c I"m in CT!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    Thanks notquiteblushing.  :)
    TTC #1 since March 2011 dx: annovulation/unexplained Jan 2011: Hysterosonogram clear Nov 2011: HSG Clear, SA normal 3 failed rounds Clomid 2 failed rounds Femara BFP: 7-3-12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageJBDamonM:

imagenotquiteblushing:

Yes

We are the same age - I also have my ten reunion next month!

As soon as we found out we had MFI and would most likely only get pregnant through IVF back in March - one of my first thoughts was "Well, at least I may make and enjoy my Alumni Weekend after all!"

Is your college local? I ask b/c I"m in CT!

Yeah as soon as I got over the fact that I will not have a cute bump at reunion I thought of how lame it would be to only be like six weeks at reunion so I will just be inexplicably not drinking. Not that I'd really complain but still. Our 5 year was such a blast that I'm hoping the 10 year will be too.  It's the first weekend in June.  It's only 90 minutes from me but we're staying in the dorms.

• Options
    imagerjade9:

I have totally done this. Several times. I don't understand what I expected to learn from it, either!

I have also tested a second time one hour after the first time, b/c I threw the first one in the kitchen trash and couldn't remember if I thought it was darker or lighter than the previous day's. 

OP- only a 7 pack? You are doing better than I. I tend to buy mine in 40 packs. Sigh. I have a problem. 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    imagerjade9:

Love it! POAS no matter what kind!

I must confess that I've taken 4 HPTs in 24 hours. And I'm still picking them up to analyze. I think the most recent one has the most visible evap and now I have to POAS tonight. 

I met a girl in the REs office a few days before our ERs. She had her ER a day after mine and had a 3dt, so her ET was a day before mine. We've been texting. Both complaining about our BFNs yesterday. Today I text her and say I'm still a BFN, she says that she hasn't tested and wants to wait. 15 minutes later I get a picture MSG of her + HPT. Very obvious line.

Of course I'm happy for her, but come on! She's only 7dp3dt and has a very obvious positive. And she tells me at 6dp5dt, I'm a day behind her transfer wise so I should get mine tomorrow. And really, does she think I want to see her hpt?

Photobucket
  • Options
    amd1982amd1982 member
    Yes!! I've peed on OPK's yesterday and today (triggered Saturday) just to get the positive lines. hahaha - only 3T!!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Options
    I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair last night and didn't realize it til about an hour ago.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

imageDebateThis:
    I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair last night and didn't realize it til about an hour ago.

Bwahahaha!  Thanks for the laugh!

I missed my flight to a work conference on Friday because I gave myself about 15 minutes to get checked in, through security, and to the gate.  Was it really that important to straighten my hair?!   (and yes, I made it in time for my meeting)

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • Options
    rkotnikrkotnik member
    Before I got off BC was really excited to not get my period so much, cuz sometimes I would forget to take it and have to do two in a day and have heavy spotting. Now its been over 6 monthes and I'm like "well this is sort of what I wanted, not quite though" Ha!
  • Options
    imagemaggie2324:
    imagerjade9:

Love it! POAS no matter what kind!

I must confess that I've taken 4 HPTs in 24 hours. And I'm still picking them up to analyze. I think the most recent one has the most visible evap and now I have to POAS tonight. 

I met a girl in the REs office a few days before our ERs. She had her ER a day after mine and had a 3dt, so her ET was a day before mine. We've been texting. Both complaining about our BFNs yesterday. Today I text her and say I'm still a BFN, she says that she hasn't tested and wants to wait. 15 minutes later I get a picture MSG of her + HPT. Very obvious line.

Of course I'm happy for her, but come on! She's only 7dp3dt and has a very obvious positive. And she tells me at 6dp5dt, I'm a day behind her transfer wise so I should get mine tomorrow. And really, does she think I want to see her hpt?

Some people just don't think.

• Options
    I tested a few days ago and was discouraged by a BFN (which is unusual for me, this isn't something I would normally be upset about), and so I haven't tested since. I probably should at this point, but I'm not too keen on seeing another big blank white space where a line should be. I have disposible cups in the bathroom to dip cheapies, and so this morning with FMU I peed in one. I looked at the cup for a minute, and then immediately dumped the urine into the toilet, flushed, and walked to the sink to wash my hands. I probably should have tested.

• Options
    I've fished out of the trash before too!! Just to make sure!! poas is like an addiction to me during the 2ww!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsC430MrsC430 member
    imagerjade9:

I have done this before too! lol

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • Options
    Thanks for this... really needed a laugh!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"