April 2012 Moms
Options

Postpartum Chest Pain

I have been having this burning tearing feeling right in the middle of my breasts in my chest, when I lean back to stretch it worsens...I went and googled it and alot of women said they had this pain postpartum and it turned out to be serious pulmonary problems or blood clots due to birth. I got really scared but IDK if the pain is that dramatic...does anyone else have some chest pain? at first I thought it was because I let my baby fall asleep on my chest and I was just sore from his head or something but, its been hurting for a while. Also what does thrush of the breasts feel like? I've been having this sharp kinda shooting pain in my left breast and my kid had thrush so..I'm wondering....
BabyName Ticker}

Re: Postpartum Chest Pain

• Options
    Oh my goodness, that sounds like you need to see your Dr.  If I were you I would schedule an appointment to be on the safe side.  Hope it gets better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Call your doc. After what I went through, I think anything that could be cardiac should be taken seriously.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    I had issues with a tight chest 8days PP.  I called my clinic and they said word for word 'Don't panic, but you need to call 911.  Do not try to drive to the ER, call 911.'  I didn't necessarily think that it was that serious.... but wanted to be safe than sorry.  EMS came to the house and assessed me and they thought things were probably ok, but couldn't rule out a pulmonary embolism (since I was still bleeding)  So I went via ambulance to the ER where there perfomed a CT scan to check for an embolism.   It ended up being nothing, but I was glad to have it checked out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ya I think I'll definitly make an appointment thanks for the advice ladies.
    BabyName Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"