Trouble TTC
Options

My chin hairs are making me emotional ...

So I'm not sure if its because I have AF right now, or if its just one of those days, but my chin hair got me really upset today.  When I was young (elementary school age) my unwanted body hair made me really self-conscious (my mom was awesome about letting me bleach/shave from a very early age though) but as an adult I have no issues with it because its pretty easily removed.  Except today.  I started to see some random chin hairs peeking out and it made me really upset ... not because I'm self conscious but because they are a manifestation of my PCOS .... which is the reason I can't seem to get KU ... and it just made me so sad. And then I went to town with the tweezers. Ugh. The end.

Happily married since July 2008
Me = 32, PCOS, AO :: DH = 34, SA= all good!
TTC since April 2009
9/11 - Started Acupuncture, began O on my own in November!
1/12 - Consult w/ RE
1/24/12 - Lap & Cystectomy to remove a tumor w/ precancerous cells from left ovary, also removed part of left ovary, no signs of endo noticed at that time
2/12 - forced break to recover from surgery
3/12- given the OK to start treatment w/ RE
3/12 - HSG = right side good, unable to get dye in left tube so cannot verify if it is clear
5/12 - Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN 6/12 - Medicated cycle cancelled due to cysts, natural cycle instead

Re: My chin hairs are making me emotional ...

• Options
    *hugs* I know what you mean. I hope your day gets better.
  • Options
    I have cried more than once over chin hairs. Sorry you're having a bad day:(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for listening ladies. (((hugs)))
    TTC since April 2009
    1/12 - Consult w/ RE
    1/24/12 - Lap & Cystectomy to remove a tumor w/ precancerous cells from left ovary, also removed part of left ovary, no signs of endo noticed at that time
    3/12 - HSG = right side good, unable to get dye in left tube so cannot verify if it is clear
    5/12 - Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN 6/12 - Medicated cycle cancelled due to cysts, natural cycle instead
  • Options

imagemelgeorge7189:
    I have cried more than once over chin hairs. Sorry you're having a bad day:(

This! I'm sorry, OP. I hate those days Sad It's one thing that PCOS causes IF but we get to suffer through facial/unwanted hair and so many other health issues. It's not fair ::kicks feet::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugg I agree. The best part is when I miss them and DH says ummm you got a hair sticking out....yup that's sexy! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekimmyb1020:
    Ugg I agree. The best part is when I miss them and DH says ummm you got a hair sticking out....yup that's sexy! 

My DH has pulled hairs out of my chin before, not realizing it was attached to my face. Thanks, honey... Crying

• Options
    ZaphinaZaphina member
    i take steroids for my crohn's, so i understand this frustration from a different avenue but i can commiserate nonetheless! hope your day gets better!
    S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDurham1008:

imagekimmyb1020:

My DH has pulled hairs out of my chin before, not realizing it was attached to my face. Thanks, honey... Crying

Oh wow! I'm lucky that my DH has never even pointed them out (although I am sure after 10 years of being together he has definitely noticed). I do feel like no matter how much I tweeze I can never get them all.

Today I was just in a funk because it was more about what the chain hairs represent .... stupid PCOS and IF ... but your chin hair stories are making me smile :)

TTC since April 2009
    1/12 - Consult w/ RE
  • Options
    imageamh612:
    imageDurham1008:

imagekimmyb1020:

Oh wow! I'm lucky that my DH has never even pointed them out (although I am sure after 10 years of being together he has definitely noticed). I do feel like no matter how much I tweeze I can never get them all.

Today I was just in a funk because it was more about what the chain hairs represent .... stupid PCOS and IF ... but your chin hair stories are making me smile :)

Glad I could help! Big Smile My hair (on my head) is really thick and constantly in my face plus we have dogs so he's always thinking it's something else until I yell "ow!" He hasn't done it in a while so maybe he's caught on lol.

• Options
    imageamh612:
    imageDurham1008:

imagekimmyb1020:

What about moustache? In highschool, I was standing in the commons with all the cool kids pretending to be one of them.  I was talking to my crush at the time when my little brother walked up and said "Weird...did you know you have a moustache?" Asshat.

• Options
    imagemelgeorge7189:
    imageamh612:
    imageDurham1008:

imagekimmyb1020:

What about moustache? In highschool, I was standing in the commons with all the cool kids pretending to be one of them.  I was talking to my crush at the time when my little brother walked up and said "Weird...did you know you have a moustache?" Asshat.

I never really had that much of a 'stache ... but I have DARK, HAIRY beast arms. I actually got called monkey when I was in grade school (thanks Mom for letting me bleach the arm hair after that!) ... now I shave them but its still kinda nasty to have arm hair stubble.

Oh, and the reason I think my DH doesn't mention the chin hairs is because one day shortly after we began seriously dating he noticed me coming out of the shower, pointed to a big patch of stretch marks on the top of my upper thigh and said "oh my gosh babe, what happened to your leg, are you ok?" to which I broke out in hysterical tears. thanks pcos for making me gain 60lbs in a year (later lost, hence the stretch marks ugh) and for making me a hairy beast.

TTC since April 2009
    1/12 - Consult w/ RE
  • Options
    imageamh612:
    I never really had that much of a 'stache ... but I have DARK, HAIRY beast arms. I actually got called monkey when I was in grade school (thanks Mom for letting me bleach the arm hair after that!) ... now I shave them but its still kinda nasty to have arm hair stubble.

Oh, and the reason I think my DH doesn't mention the chin hairs is because one day shortly after we began seriously dating he noticed me coming out of the shower, pointed to a big patch of stretch marks on the top of my upper thigh and said "oh my gosh babe, what happened to your leg, are you ok?" to which I broke out in hysterical tears. thanks pcos for making me gain 60lbs in a year (later lost, hence the stretch marks ugh) and for making me a hairy beast.

I have the hairy arms too! I thought I was the only one. I've never found a good solution for it. For my wedding, one of my bridesmaids helped me wax them. Indifferent Fun bonding time, let me tell you.

Is it weird that now, whenever I see a woman somewhere with hair on her face, I automatically wonder if she has PCOS.

• Options
    imageDurham1008:
    imageamh612:

I have the hairy arms too! I thought I was the only one. I've never found a good solution for it. For my wedding, one of my bridesmaids helped me wax them. Indifferent Fun bonding time, let me tell you.

Is it weird that now, whenever I see a woman somewhere with hair on her face, I automatically wonder if she has PCOS.

I do this, too.

TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDurham1008:
    imageamh612:

I always wonder the same thing about any women with hair on their faces!  Also, I have hairy arms as well.  My sister (a cosmetologist) decided we should wax them.  She got a little carried away and ended up punching me in the face while ripping one of the strips off!  So I ended up with a nice shiner, but my arms were beautiful!  :)

I'm sorry you're having a rough day, amh!  I think the hair that goes along with PCOS was one of the hardest things for me to swallow.  I have had many episodes of crying over it, and I am constantly scouring my body for new hairs!  Ugh.  PCOS blows! 

TTC #1 10/2011 || Diagnosed PCOS 5/2012 || SA - Normal! || HSG - Clear!
    Starting Metformin 5/2012
    BFP 6/25/2012!! EDD 3/7/2013!! IT'S A BOY!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    While I don't have PCOS, I do have elevated testosterone and I can commiserate. DH will try to pull out chin hairs with his bare fingers and fail several times before getting it, owwww! 
    Photobucket
  • Options

**Lurker Chime In**

This happened to me the other day! I was in the car, DH had run into the gas station to grab something for us to drink on our way to class. I flipped down the sunvisor mirror to check my hair and almost fainted when I saw a moustache clearly defined in black. I started bawling my eyes out.

DH comes back to the car and sees me sobbing and immediately wants to know whats wrong so I tell him and he says: "yeah I have been trying to think of way to tell you about it for weeks..." WEEKS!!!! He let me walk around in public like that for WEEKS!!!!!! I completely lost it.

Worst part? I didn't have tweezers on me so I had to go to class looking like that and knowing it. (I now have like six pair of tweezers so I am never without a pair) I know this sounds horrible but when I was told I had PCOS and they said this could happen I thanked God everyday that this wasn't the case for me, as a matter of fact I have a hard time growing hair at all... I guess those days are in the past now... So anyways, don't feel alone. PCOS- can Kiss My A**!

• Options
    LtlAngLLtlAngL member
    I also have elevated testosterone without PCOS. I used to have lots of weird hairs on my neck, a couple in the middle of my chest, and like 2 on each shoulder, until I had them lasered off. Now, I just have a few on each side of my neck. Sorry to be gross, but my DH would try to yank some of them out with his fingers, and when he couldn't get them, he used his teeth. All I can say is that's gotta be true love. LOL 

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • Options
    I completely understand.  I am genetically hairy :) and birth control really helped with it.  Now that there is no BC, I am beyond normal in the hairy dept.  I know it makes you feel self conscious.  The lady who waxes me must be loving it! 
  • Options

I have the same problem, and mine keeps getting worse.  It is actually some comfort to me to know there are others out there in the same boat dealing with the same disappointment.

Hang in there! 

• Options
    Thank you ladies for helping me turn my day around Smile I really appreciate it!
    TTC since April 2009
    1/12 - Consult w/ RE
  • Options
    I know what you mean...the recent appearance of some black hairs and 2 wiskers on my chin and a random 2in hair on my back has made me crazy...and MH annoyed bc I ask him to look for them.  lol
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 3/10:
    DX: Me-PCOS, retroverted/ tilted ute - DH- MFI, DH-4 mo of Clomid therapy= no improvement. Weekly HCG injections.
    Me-34, DH-33
    HSG- unsuccessful, SHSG (dialated)-no blockages
    7/11-Clomid (unmonitored) BFN,
    #1 Fresh IVF 9/11: w/ ICSI & AH (only option): (1 transfered, 8BF) = BFN!!
    #2 FET: 2 transferred (2 6BF) 12/11 = BFFN!!
    Surprise + HPT on break! 2/12 Beta 1: 6 Beta 2: <5 = c/p ( RE had given me provera... So pretty sure this ruined everything)<BR> #3 Fresh IVF 3/12: w/ ICSI & AH (2 transfered 8BF & 7BF, 1 to freeze) = BFMFN!
    New RE 5/12
    6/14 Hysteroscopy
    #4 Fresh IVF 8/12: 5dt of 2 5AB blasts = BFN!... what else is new?!?
    New RE insists its a transfer issue, immunology checked & good
    #5 IVF FET 1/13 under anesthesia : Two 5 day blasts transferred
    + HPT!! Beta1: 2315 Beta2: 6442 Beta3: 31,061
    First u/s 1/30/13: Shows 1 healthy heartbeat!!

Was he was right? I wasted 4 IVF's and the doctors were not getting the catheter in?!?
    ~~ Bump Bestie/ IRL Lynn0926 ~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chin hairs suck...  The people I work with actually made fun of me one day because I was feeling the sides of my chin for little hairs (mine get super coarse and I can feel them before I can see them), and they called my "thinking pose"  I guess I do it a lot subconcsiously...  You are definatly not alone in this department.  Sometimes I think between the chin hairs and acne, my face will never be the same.  Hope your day gets better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"