1st Trimester
Options

Showing?

When can I expect to start showing...I have heard 4 months for your first baby but I know it is different for everyone. How soon did you start showing with baby #1?

Re: Showing?

• Options
    20 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No one can tell you. It can be at anytime. It depends on your body
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmonttyhmontty member
    I popped at 17 weeks. I don't think it was really obvious to strangers until maybe 25 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With my first, I was in maternity clothes by 10 weeks.  But I wasn't "showing," I just looked fat.  I didn't look pregnant until about 20 weeks.
    Nathaniel David 3/22/11 #2 due 12/16/12
  • Options

imagehmontty:
    I popped at 17 weeks. I don't think it was really obvious to strangers until maybe 25 weeks.

This exactly 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    6 1/2 months with my first.  And even then, I was only showing to me and my husband.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I didn't start to really show until around 20 weeks. That was around the first time a stranger asked if I was expecting. I could not for the longest time put on weight which I think affected it. Now everyone can tell I am pregnant and I wish I could stop putting weight on. lol
  • Options
    erbearerbear member
    28ish weeks with #1.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Strangers didn't start saying things to me until I was 27 weeks along.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I remember I could still button my jeans at 15w (although it was rather tight).  I know on two separate occasions when I was 30w people were surprised to learn I was pregnant, but I thought it was pretty obvious by then.  So I guess somewhere around the middle of my pregnancy for me?
  • Options
    thank you ladies for letting me know your experiences..sounds all acrossed the board, which i expected...i guess we will wait and see how soon my chub will look like a bump! lol
  • Options

imageClarissaExplainsItAll:
    6 1/2 months with my first.  And even then, I was only showing to me and my husband.

This. Before that I just looked fatter. I think I got my first stranger comment around 35 weeks.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Options
    I could see a belly by about 16 weeks, but in clothes I didn't really look pregnant at all until 20+ weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunni15sunni15 member

I think it really depends on your body type. I am very thin, and at two months i started to poke out past my hipbones and show.  By the time I hit 18 weeks, I was in maternity clothes.  Now at six months, people are asking me when I am due, because t must be soon.  Wheras my sister-in-law still could barely tell at six months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"