Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

HCG numbers

I had a natural miscarriage that started last Wednesday.I was 11 weeks pregnant. I was in the ER and my blood level was HCG 2890 , my doctor called and told me as of last Friday my HCG was at 627.My bleeding completed ended on Tuesday.I'm supposed to go again tomorrow to test. Does anybody have an idea of how long it took them to go back down and when did your AF come back??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HCG numbers

• TisharpTisharp member

Everyone is different, so there's really no telling.  As long as they continue to drop though, everything is probably just fine.  Sometimes I think it can take up to 8 weeks or so.  It just depends.

Mine were at almost 15,000 on 4/13, then at almost 14,000 on 4/14, and then at 10,000 on the 4/16.  And I miscarried on 4/17.

They were tested again on 4/27 and had dropped all the way to 52.9.  This afternoon I'll have them tested again.  Hopefully I'm closer to 0.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss and thanks for your help. Sounds like your on your way to a zero.Good luck this afternoon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTisharp:

Everyone is different, so there's really no telling.  As long as they continue to drop though, everything is probably just fine.  Sometimes I think it can take up to 8 weeks or so.  It just depends.

This.  Everyone's body handles pregnancy loss differently so some people's drop quickly while other's take a little more time.  Hoping yours drop quickly.

<<hugs>>

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • I was told 6-12 weeks is normal.  For me, it took 6.  My HCG levels were abnormally high during my pg though.  And I had a D&C.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Paperbooties -  I am sorry to hear about your loss!  I have recently gone through a situation similar to yours.  I began to bleed March 26th and the bleeding lasted through April 3rd.  My HCG levels were taken and below five the Friday before AF came to visit the follow Monday, 24 days after the miscarriage bleeding ended.  I hope this is helpful for you.  It feels like such a long time until AF comes and I know it can be mentally exhausting. My thoughts are with you!
  • Thanks for all your replies, they really help.I  just got back from having my blood drawn and was asked by the nurse if I was pregnant :( seems like everywhere I look there's a pregnant lady. I can't wait till I'm hoping for my numbers to go up. But for now I will be patient.  So I will have to wait and see what happens next week.

Thanks again to you all and sorry for all of your losses.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My numbers were very similar to yours. On a Monday when my m/c started (almost 3 weeks ago now), I was at 3500. 2 days later I was at 600, and 1 week after that I was at 91. I was sure that would mean I would only need about another week before my levels were back down to 0, and my OB stopped drawing betas after that 91. However, it has been 1.5 weeks since my levels were 91 and I'm still getting positive HPTs. It's frustrating, but normal. As long as they're dropping, that's good news.

If you go to the TTCAL blog (go to the TTCAL board and the link to the blog is up at the top, I think), there are poll in the FAQ section that show you how long it took women to get their AF along with some other info. I really recommend taking a look there so you can get a rough idea of what other women have experienced.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering too.

Sorry for your loss, sending hugs.

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"