September 2012 Moms
Options

House Stalking (NPR)

Right now, we have a 2 br, 2.5 bath, townhouse.  It's fine for now.  The girls can share a room (the 2 rooms are both considered "Masters"), however...things are getting tight with all the toys...DD's toys make it crowded and you add the LO in and her things are even bigger! So, DH and I are always looking for a new house, but kind of as a see what's out there even though this really can't happen for a year or so. 

Anyway...I have fallen in love with a house!  it's 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms (all on the 1st floor) with 3 BONUS ROOMS upstairs! (2 bonus rooms and an office) and it is TOTALLY affordable for us now! It isn't in the town that we really want to be in, but it's not far.  The schools aren't as good as the ones in the town that we like, but they aren't the worst ones around either...also, there's a charter school in that district that is one of the best schools in the state (1000 person wait list and lotto to get in).

This house is listed as "Contingent".  It says on the site that it'll be a short sale (which we can TOTALLY DO!).  Anyway...I think I look everyday to see if this house will ever become active again.  I'm seriously sending out prayers that the people this place is "contingent" for have something fall through.  Angel Does that make me a bad person?  I want this house so freaking bad!

Re: House Stalking (NPR)

• Options
    ckred27ckred27 member
    Just a heads up short sales take FOREVER. we had a bid on a short sale for 6 months and it ended up falling through last minute. I would talk to a realtor and see if you can put in an offer, I want to say contingent short sales still take offers because they are looking for the most $ but I could be wrong. Oh and if you buy short sale, you get the house AS IS, so if there is anything wrong w. it that turns up durning inspection, you cant get the buyer to fix it.

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up.  I may have to have a serious talk with DH about this one.  We have already chosen our realtor...just have to get to her when we're "seriously looking".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageckred27:
    Just a heads up short sales take FOREVER. we had a bid on a short sale for 6 months and it ended up falling through last minute. I would talk to a realtor and see if you can put in an offer, I want to say contingent short sales still take offers because they are looking for the most $ but I could be wrong. Oh and if you buy short sale, you get the house AS IS, so if there is anything wrong w. it that turns up durning inspection, you cant get the buyer to fix it.

This happened to us too! We waited forever and a half and it ended up falling through right when I got pregnant. We will start house hunting again once the baby is here.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageckred27:

Usually it means they have accepted an offer, so there is a written purchase agreement in place. It is contingent on the buyer obtaining financing, the inspection and the appraisal.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagetonir319:

imageckred27:

Usually it means they have accepted an offer, so there is a written purchase agreement in place. It is contingent on the buyer obtaining financing, the inspection and the appraisal.  

This is what I thought, so I'm kind of hoping that something goes wrong here!  Does this make me evil?

• Options
    not bad at all! There is a house I want in the same neighbourhood I am in now that is bigger and I stalk it.... the thing is that it's not even for sale... Im just hoping the old lady that lives in it decides to downsize and lists it!!!!!! Good Luck with whatever you choose!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"