September 2012 Moms
Options

Team Pink & MIL Vent

I am so excited to be team pink! I will now have one of each! She is healthy and right on track! 

We shared this news with our families! All are excited. Tonight I get a text from MIl telling me that I need to call her and discuss having a girl from her bloodline!  I don't want to talk to her. I could care less! My BP is slightly elevated, had a stressful week. We had to put our cat to sleep. I have had some BH contractions the past few weeks. I really don't need or want this added stress. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to handle my MIL. DH wanted to text back no. Thanks in advance for your help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Team Pink & MIL Vent

• Options

I guess my first question is does she have a valid concern?  If she does, maybe you hear her out. 

If not, I would let your husband handle it.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The girls on her side are overweight but they don't take care of themselves! I feel there are no valid concerns. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestephdil17:
    The girls on her side are overweight but they don't take care of themselves! I feel there are no valid concerns. 

Yea, I was thinking more like ethnic origins, BRCA genes or something. If that's really it, go with let him deal with her. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do they have genetic issues on the X chromosome in their family? I'd text back and ask if you should make an appointment with a genetic counselor to discuss her "concerns" to not only gauge how important the info is, but but her in her place as well if her concern is that the girl will have unruly hair or something equally as lame.

On a side note, why is she texting you this? Why doesn't dh call her and find out what the issue is? 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Congratations on the great news! As for MIL I'd tell her you're not worried about it because if she's coming from YOUR bloodline your daughter will have nothing to worry about :)
    photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are no genetic issues. My MIL, her sisters & my SIL are all overweight and suffer from depression. But they all are drug users and bring these issues on themselves. I am going hace dh deal with this because I don;t want to.
  • Options
    DH spoke to his mom! All this crap over a history of bed wetting! Can you believe this! 
  • Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member

imagestephdil17:
    DH spoke to his mom! All this crap over a history of bed wetting! Can you believe this! 

Hahaha, I'm sorry! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"