April 2012 Moms

Can baby sleep in her swing?

2 nights ago LO was up every hour nursing. We didn't go to sleep until 5 am. It was awful. Last night was normal - she was up every 2-3 hours.

So far tonight she's eaten at 9:30, 10:30 and my H gave her a bottle of BM at 11:30. This is not looking good...

I put her in the swing and she fell asleep. Can I leave her in there for a while/all night? She is swaddled, but I rigged the straps so she's buckled in.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can baby sleep in her swing?

• If you're comfortable with it plenty of people have kids that only sleep in the swing awhile. I personally am only comfortable with flat back sleeping if I'm not supervising - it's all about what works for you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• J does NOT like sleeping flat on his back. I'm not sure if it's a gas issue or what, but it makes him miserable (he went to sleeping only an hour at a time, not cause he was hungry or wet) and he's so irritable when he wakes up. We finally gave in and let him spend the night in his rock'n'play two nights ago. He's slept 4 hours at a stretch in that thing almost every night. 

We figure when it's time for the crib, we'll battle it then. For now for his sleep, and my sanity, we're letting him sleep there. I feel like it's safe. His chin doesn't collapse on his chest and if he wakes up and wiggles it rocks him just a tad.

Like PP said, do what works for you! 

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • LO sleeps like a champ in her swing, 7hours straight last night. I don't do it every night, but if I need sleep I will bring the swing into our room for the night and let her sleep there. Otherwise she sleeps in her RNP. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our pedi said to try not to let her sleep in her swing because its an awful habit to break. We still give in when nothing else works though.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If my LO isn't sleeping on me at night he is in the swing. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"