Cloth Diapering

any thoughts/opinions/advice on gdiapers

hi ladies
a good friend of mine is pregnant & wants to use gdiapers. she asked if i knew anything about them & i'd never heard of them..i use disposables :/

i'd love to help her research them though (our 2nd is 2 months old so i'm actually thinking of looking into these if they're as good as they sound)

here's the link she sent me
https://www.gdiapers.com/environmentally-friendly-diapers/gdiapering

anyone know much about them? seems to me like there'd be a lot of mess that gets on the cover. how do they hold up over night? do the inserts bunch up in the diaper cover? and does the elastic ever bother lo's thighs? and if these aren't all that great what do you recommend & why?!

thanks for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: any thoughts/opinions/advice on gdiapers

• TwirpleTwirple member
    I tried the gdiapers with the disposable inserts for a weekend and every single one leaked.  I've heard that some people have good luck with the washable inserts.  If your friend is looking for a hybrid diaper system similar to gdiapers, with both washable and disposable inserts, I've heard good things about both Flip and Grovia Diapers.  The covers on both are a much better design.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• I haven't used them but from what I've heard, there are lots better and easier systems out there.  I love my Flips from Cotton Babies!  Instead of having the insert-waterproof lining-cover like the gdiaper, Flips have insert-waterproof cover.  GroVia also makes a hybrid system.  Or you could go with pockets or AIOs.

The facts at the top of the board are a lot of help!

• Loading the player...
  • As with anything, there are some people out there that like them. Really, the only pro they have is that they have great marketing. Most people have a hard time getting them on correctly. They constantly leak (fyi, the cover isn't waterproof), and they're expensive for what they are.

I love cloth diapering. I hate that there are brands like g-diapers that discourage people before they even start. 

• I agree 100%.  If she's looking for a hybrid option, go Flip or Grovia - the gdiapers are more of a hassle then they are worth, and honestly, they are expensive! 

I love my Flips, and when we need disposable they are the only thing I use. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• thanks for the advice ladies! figured it was best to ask anyone currently using them or something else. i'll definitely tell her about the flips & grovia!!! appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"