3rd Trimester

Car seat installation...

So my friend (whose a mom) suggested I should already put the base of the car seat in my car. That way, when its time, its just popping in the car seat. 

I'm 32 weeks. Do you think its too soon? When did/will you install your car seat? 

Re: Car seat installation...

• It's probably not too soon considering you could go into labor early.  I don't think it will hurt to wait a few more weeks.  I am having a RCS Thursday and I have yet to put my base in.  Even if it's not in your car, your DH or SO can do this while you are in the hospital, no big deal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • We actually have an aopt. tomorrow with highway patrol to get this done. They are going to show us how to do it then we have to do it ourselves. They will do a final inspection and it's all for free. You can never be too prepared!
  • Loading the player...
  • There are a lot of tips in the book about these kind of things from all the writer in the Authorhouse company, in which, its really informative for parents to welfare and take care of their children.
  • For a first time parent, I'd recommend putting it in by 36 weeks so you can get it inspected. Some areas will only do inspections one day a month, so check out when you can get it inspected.

For us this is baby #3 so we'll probably wait till the week before which will give my 2 kids the maximum space for longer. Then they'll have about a week to adjust to the new buckling arrangement before we put the baby in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got my car seat and base at my shower at 34 weeks... I put it in that night... better safe then sorry!
  • We just did this on Sunday (38w) so obviously we weren't in a rush to do it. We basically did it in correlation to when our local police department was running inspections. I reccomend finding out when you can have it inspected and go from there.
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I would check with your installer.  Ours was super hard to get an apt with, so I did it at 32 weeks.  If they have more hours, you can wait.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• We put ours in this weekend (37 weeks), but at the moment it's just IN the car. :) I realized that I had to install T's Marathon first (we moved it from the center to the side), otherwise I couldn't get both to fit, so I had to undo the seatbelt. At least it's in the car if we need it suddenly this week!
  • My DH put ours in this weekend...I thought it was a little early but he did it on his own so i wasn't going argue with him.  I'm glad it's done though.  Just one less thing to worry about later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH installed ours a few weeks ago. He's not home much, so I had him go ahead and do it early just in case. It's not like it's hurting anyone by being in the car instead of a closet.

Also, if you go on any road trips between now and having the baby, bring the car seat. With DD1, my shower was OOT so I brought the car seat. My family thought I was nuts, but I didn't want to have to buy a new seat if I were to have her somewhere away from home.

• We did ours last Sunday at 33 weeks, 6 days.  It was pretty annoying to do and confusing.  We also want to have it inspected.
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • JoJo42JoJo42 member
    Do you have to get it inspected?  My hospital does it, but they are booked past my due date at this point.  We put the carseat into my car the day we bought it (for storage), and we watched a video about proper installation (btw, the chicco's are super-easy to install into the LATCH system).
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was thinking of doing it around 34 weeks... 

If you don't often have passengers in your back seat - then it probably isn't a bad idea to install it now.

The other thing you could do is install it and then take it out after.  Just so that you know how to do it.

• We just did ours this past Saturday when I was just shy of 39 weeks. We tried to wait until the last minute because installing the infant seat on one side meant that we would need to turn my 2 year old forward facing on the other side. My DH is 6'7', and would not be able to fit in either front seat if both seats were still RF'ing. So we waited until the very end to keep him rear facing for as long as we could.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJoJo42:
    Do you have to get it inspected?  My hospital does it, but they are booked past my due date at this point.  We put the carseat into my car the day we bought it (for storage), and we watched a video about proper installation (btw, the chicco's are super-easy to install into the LATCH system).
    I don't see why you wouldn't want to....your childs safety is number one and the inspection is not going to take that long to do.
  • No, you don't have to get it inspected, but if you've never installed car seats before, it's a good idea. A lot of police stations or fire stations have people trained to do this, so if your hospital is full, call around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"