Multiples

S/o meal planning: For those of you w/older LO's, what is your go to for breakfast?

Hey Ladies, Just curious what your go-to foods are for breakfast with your little ones? DS#1 loves kidz cliff bars and will eat one every.single.morning but I feel like I need to mix it up a bit. Anyone have any quick easy breakfast ideas (that are mess free & don't require too much time to make as I have to be up & out the door w/ the boys by 7am). Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/o meal planning: For those of you w/older LO's, what is your go to for breakfast?

• We do a power breakfast every morning of:

Scrambled eggs with shredded carrots or courgettes and cheese. Sometimes we'll throw in mushrooms or red peppers, etc.

Fresh cut fruit (pineapple, banana, strawberry, raspberry, grapes and blueberries - I cut up enough to last 3 days at a time and store it in a sealed container in the fridge so it's quick and easy to pull out and serve) topped with soy yogurt and sprinkled cinnamon

Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and honey

I know it's a bit much, but we've found that once we started eating these breakfasts the girls had better mornings and we felt fantastic all morning afterward.

Other quick and easy things that our girls love for breakfast:

porridge with cinnamon, honey or maple syrup and fresh berries

peanut butter and jam toast (crusts cut off, of course)

A banana, if we're in a massive hurry, with a piece of cheese

Omlette, cut into strips so they can easily much it while we're getting ready

I'd like to try making or own granola bars at some point

Oh, these ones go over really well and are super easy to make - whole wheat sugar free all natural muffins - I double the recipe and usually have enough for the whole week at a time for snacks and things. The girls love them with chocolate chips (kind of defeats the sugar free, but screw it, they love them)

https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/05/12/recipe-fruit-nut-or-berry-or-whatever-you-want-them-to-be-whole-wheat-muffins/

Smoothies work well for breakfasts (and snacks) too for us.

Not a lot of these are totally mess free, but it only takes a second for a wet wipe down and a lot of it can be prepared in advance, especially the muffins and they go down like they're going out of style with my two! 

• Some more that you could prep in advance are 

Whole wheat waffles - store them on a plate in the fridge for a couple of days, and pop on butter and syrup or peanut butter and jam, etc.

roll-ups - whole wheat tortillas (home made or buy the little ones from the store) with shredded carrots, shredded cheese and hummus, or cream cheese and shredded cucumber.

• Loading the player...
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our easiest hot breakfast that they love is toaster waffles and Morningstar Veggie breakfast sausage patties. 

We also do oatmeal, sometimes mixed with a smashed banana or applesauce and sprinkled with cinnamon. Sometimes I just hand them a half a banana and a bowl full of dry cereal. Toast, English muffin or mini bagel with peanut butter, hummus or cream cheese.

Lots of fresh fruit. If we don't have time for them to eat their fruit in their high chairs, I'll give them a snack trap with dried blueberries and/or craisins in it.  

• Greek yogurt with multigrain Cheerios tossed in, that's a favorite here. Oatmeal, peanut butter on English muffins, waffles. 

DS has an egg allergy, so we can't do any of those typical breakfast foods... 

• We do oatmeal mixed with fruit for 3 days (I make 3 days worth on Sunday night and reheat), then whole wheat banana pancakes for 3 days (I make 3 days worth on Wednesday night and reheat), and eggs and toast on Sundays.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sadly lots of freezer pancakes & french toast (but, you can make pancakes from scratch, freeze & reheat in the toaster...)

Bananas & peanut butter 

cereal & milk (kinda messy)

cottage cheese (messy tho)

cheese toast

fruit

• janjagjanjag member

We're home in the mornings but some days if I'm in a hurry I'll give them french toast that I'd previously frozen.  When I make french toast sometimes I'll make extra and freeze it.  Same with pancakes.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"