July 2012 Moms

Ultra sound question

I just got off the phone with my older sister who is two months behind me in being pregnant. She was telling me about how she is almost twenty one weeks and that she doesnt have her 20week appointment until she is almost 25 weeks. Does this strike anyone else as odd, or has anyone else had this happen. Maybe i am just a lil protective cuz i dont like doctors, and she was going to my OB until she moved out of state becuase of her *** of a fiance(Long story for a different time) I dont know part ofme just thinks this isnt right.

What do you guys think??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ultra sound question

• When was her last appointment?  It could be that she has to wait so long because the doctor's schedule was too filled up.  She doesn't NEED to have a "20 week" appointment; as long as she's going every 4 weeks she's fine, regardless of when that week actually happens to fall.

ETA: what does this have to do with an ultrasound? Are you saying she hasn't had an A/S yet and that will be done at 25 weeks? 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    My doc does the a/s between 22 and 24 weeks so 25 doesn't seem like too far of a stretch. 

Baby BOY is due May 23, 2014!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • one of the reasons for the 20 week as date, is that in some states it is illegal to have an abortion for medical reasons past 24 weeks (or 20 weeks in AZ and other states that apparently dont know what 'science' is). 

so its more for legal reasons than for health.

if she finds out at the us that her baby will not survive in this world and wants to have her pregnancy terminated that she may want to get moving on that ultrasound now.

• I didn't have my A/S until 24w.  As long as she is being seen every 4w the actual week doesn't matter.  Some docs prefer to wait a little longer for the A/S because they can see things even better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CaliValCaliVal member
    Yes, it seems a little odd to me.On a side note, I couldn't wait to find out the gender of the baby! I couldn't imagine waiting another month to find out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"