1st Trimester

Brown spotting

Hi all. I am 5 weeks with our first. I'm kinda freaking out. Today I notice some brown spotting that was very light. Tonight it was a little heavier.  I have read this is normal. I don't see the doctor for another 5 weeks and I feel really anxious. I did work out  saturdayand today and had sex on Friday. Any reassurance is helpful. Thanks 

Jessie 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Brown spotting

• Brown spotting indicates old blood and is ideal in terms of color for spotting.  It's also normal to spot in first tri.

At this point, all you can do is wait since it's so early, but spotting is not that uncommon. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • As pp said brown spotting is the best to have because it's old blood.  I had spotting at 4w,6w, & 10w with DD and she turned out perfect.  I have had spotting twice with this pregnancy and am not really that concerned.  Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me early on with my first.  Don't worry.  :-)  However, I think it's perfectly acceptable to call your OB and have them take a peek to make sure everything's fine, just for peace of mind; however, I really wouldn't stress about it at all.
  • Thank you. I found an old post on spotting and I am just very nervous. I am a physician and I think we are the worst patients. I am always on my feet and trying to not stress myself out. My husband doesn't understand. Thank you again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • not to worry you but i would call my dr right away my dr tried to say it was normal but then i went n and was having a misscarriage that was on valentines day they said my levels werent doin what needed to be done. but now im 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and on prometrium and so far so good 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I ended up having a miscarriage. We will start tryin again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"