October 2011 Moms

Is your LO crawling? Clicky Poll

Just curious how many of our LOs have started crawling. Lilly is close, but hasn't quite figured it out.
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is your LO crawling? Clicky Poll

• Not even close!  At this rate not even sure if it's going to happen because she barely tolerates tummy time. 

And OP, I haven't noticed your siggy before, but our girls have almost the same name.  DD is Lillian Kate. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageellewoodsSC:

Not even close!  At this rate not even sure if it's going to happen because she barely tolerates tummy time. 

And OP, I haven't noticed your siggy before, but our girls have almost the same name.  DD is Lillian Kate. 

OMG! I love Lillian Kate! Does she go by Lilly/Lily or Lillian?

• Loading the player...
  • imageellewoodsSC:

Not even close!  At this rate not even sure if it's going to happen because she barely tolerates tummy time. 

Caroline is no where near crawling either. She HATES tummy time too!!! 

• DS tries so hard but he isn't getting anywhere. He has started going backwards in the last few days so that's progress, just in the wrong direction... Wink
  • LCassLCass member

imagekagl08:
    DS tries so hard but he isn't getting anywhere. He has started going backwards in the last few days so that's progress, just in the wrong direction... Wink

I love when they go backwards!  If I put Lily in the crawling position and put something in front of her, she looks like she wants to move to get to it. . .and then she rolls over.  It seems to be this conscious thought process of "Hmmm, I want that.  It's over there.  How do I get there?  Well, when I roll I end up somewhere different, so let's try that."

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• DS has been army crawling for a couple weeks now. He does not sit still. At his 6 month appt on Friday the dr said he'll probably be running at his 9 month. He doesn't sit great unassisted though. I figure it's bc he likes exploring. He's also a bit behind in solid good eating. He won't take anything from a spoon.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatie996:
    imageellewoodsSC:

OMG! I love Lillian Kate! Does she go by Lilly/Lily or Lillian?

Mainly Lillian, but every now and then we use Lilly.  I know it's a popular name these days, but I don't know any Lily's IRL. 

• Nope! He's doing a little hump rock on his hands and knees, occasionally a downward dog, and scooches backwards when he tries to get on his hands and knees but can't. 
  • imageWoodsie:

imageCreedon778:
    DS has been army crawling for a couple weeks now. He does not sit still. At his 6 month appt on Friday the dr said he'll probably be running at his 9 month. He doesn't sit great unassisted though. I figure it's bc he likes exploring. He's also a bit behind in solid good eating. He won't take anything from a spoon.

Creedon, your little man is so so cute. I love your siggy pic!

Awww thx! Danes....I will see if I can get a video before daycare in the AM. You have a right to be suspicious.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted no, but Alba is so close to it.  She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks like crazy.  She has managed to scootch backward a little.  I think she will be crawling within a few weeks.

• imagejoolz17:
    Nope! He's doing a little hump rock on his hands and knees, occasionally a downward dog, and scooches backwards when he tries to get on his hands and knees but can't. 
    Haha! You just described my DS! It's adorable. My DD did this for at least a month before she started crawling.
  • DS is nowhere near crawling, but he is a late October kid. He has been rolling both ways for about a month but I really noticed it click just today that rolling is a form of transportation. He was all over, but with terrible aim.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My next door neighbor's baby was 9 months old yesterday, and he's freaking WALKING. he still needs some support, but she posted a video on fb of him walking across their living room pushing a toy push lawnmower. O_O
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Walking at 9 months = my personal hell. I'm in no hurry for crawling! That means I have to babyproof!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHappyAardvark:
    My next door neighbor's baby was 9 months old yesterday, and he's freaking WALKING. he still needs some support, but she posted a video on fb of him walking across their living room pushing a toy push lawnmower. O_O

That seems so little. I couldn't imagine my LO walking in 3 months time, although, according to my mom I was walking at 8 months and MIL says MH was walking at 9 months so who knows.

OP, my LO isn't crawling yet but when he is on his tummy he is getting very good at turning in circles. He sometimes moves backwards as well but I think its mostly by accident.

• DS seems to have no interest in crawling, but he rolls like a champ!
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• imagekagl08:
    imagejoolz17:
    Nope! He's doing a little hump rock on his hands and knees, occasionally a downward dog, and scooches backwards when he tries to get on his hands and knees but can't. 
    Haha! You just described my DS! It's adorable. My DD did this for at least a month before she started crawling.

He's added it to his pre-nap sleep routine as well! My sister's son did this for a couple of months before he was crawling. 

• imageLCass:

imagekagl08:
    DS tries so hard but he isn't getting anywhere. He has started going backwards in the last few days so that's progress, just in the wrong direction... Wink

I love when they go backwards!  If I put Lily in the crawling position and put something in front of her, she looks like she wants to move to get to it. . .and then she rolls over.  It seems to be this conscious thought process of "Hmmm, I want that.  It's over there.  How do I get there?  Well, when I roll I end up somewhere different, so let's try that."

DD is the same way!  It took her forever to roll, but now that she's figured it out, every time I put her down on her hands and knees and put a great toy just out of reach, rolling is the answer.  Sometimes she leans towards it, or faceplants, but eventually, she just rolls over instead of trying to get the toy.

She has lifted her legs a few times, but until she figures out her arms, she is not going to crawl.  I'm not complaining, I am not ready for her to be mobile!

• She just started crawling belly off the floor last night (or so).

Danes- I I knew how to post a video, I would show you as proof, i love to AW dD!  The pedi said she is really early- she has been sitting unassisted for a month or so, and that she will walk early.   It's a little bittersweet.  I love all the new things she is doing, but I miss my tiny baby! 

• DD started army crawling about a month ago, and is just getting the hang of regular crawling as of this week. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"